Dive Clubs / instructors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elcapetan

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello Everyone,

I am moving to Oklahoma next week and am wondering if there are any active scuba clubs in or around the Lawton area? Also I am interested in taking more certifications and wondering if anyone knows of some instructors in that area that teach Cave or technical certifications.

highest level certs I currently have
OW: DM
Overhead: Cavern
Tec: PADI tec40

Thanks!

I run a dive club called the Oklahoma Aquanauts and we have over 500 members. There are a few around the Lawton area. We do have monthly meetings in both OKC and Tulsa areas. We even did a trip to dive Elmer Thomas Lake near Lawton last May. It is free to join and we have someone diving in our local lakes just about every weekend year round. Oklahoma Aquanauts (Tulsa, OK) - Meetup

There are a few dive clubs around but I found it best to check with local dive shops. Some areas such as Tenkillers scubapark and C and J Sports in Eureka Springs, Arkansas have an abundance of divers where you can almost always catch a diver or 2 going out to dive with.

I am in North East Oklahoma but am willing to travel for good dive sights.

A club I'm fond of in Northwest Arkansas is Greater Ozarks Dive Society great group of people and from time to time they breakout into Oklahoma look them up on Facebook

+1 on Greater Ozarks Dive Society!!! Miss you Bill!! come back!!
Steve how have you been? Years ago we were going to try to set up a dive but never did.

We sure were... I absolutely fell in love with Tenkiller during the sequester and Beaver Lake was shut down. We really do need to plan a dive together. I have done nothing but train and prepare for training this summer so I have not gotten a whole lot of recreational dives in. I did get my Med Dive and PSSI from DRI done this month and am Starting my PADI DM here in a week or two. Maybe some of the guys from the GODS or my dive team could come meet up with at the Tenkiller scuba park later this summer? Now that PSSI is done I can relax a little.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom