Life of a Bauer K14 P-41 Filter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tassi Devil Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey compressor gurus,

The P-41 filter on our K14 compressor has been in place for a little over three years and has done around 50hrs in that time.

I am interested to know how long you would expect the P-41 filter will last?

thanks

James.

I think the O.P. was asking about the life of the filter sitting in the tower with so little use after so long..Junk it for no particular reason then the fact that it has been sitting there...Could have liquid water in it which would have degraded the M.S. creating a solution that will damage the tower, lots of reasons...If you really want to know how long the chemicals will last in running hours....Steve Burtons Compressor filter lifetime calculator has proven VERY accurate for me.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xq6u07wwsz12sgt/compressor_filter_lifetime_calculator.xls?dl=0
A p-41 has about 500g of m.s. assuming you are pumping at 12CFM and about 75* ambient temperature...figure about 25 hours and it is saturated..
Plug all the numbers into the calculator to know for sure..

Back
Top Bottom