Sneezing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kjs998

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
As a new diver I tend to spend my days thinking about different situations in diving. One that came to mind today was sneezing. What happens if you have to sneeze under water, probably seems like a stupid question. :confused:

I keep the regulator with one hand and sneeze normally. Or I just sneeze if I am using the full face mask. Don't worry, you won't blow the exhaust valves.

Your buddy should say Gesundheit, which when u/w with a mouthpiece,
it might sound more like Oooompaaapiii

yeah. maybe because mouth only breathing but I have never sneezed while diving either

Never sneezed myself. Coughed a few times.

Just sneeze,... No big deal.... You just may want to remove & rinse out your mask afterwards (YUCK!:yuck:). You can pretty much do anything while on scuba, that you can normally do- ie: throw- up, cough, sneeze, yawn,........

Let the sneeze go. It fills the mask we some extra defog, mucous is mucous. You will scare all the fish away... Cheers

I've been diving a long time and I've never sneezed when I've had a mask on. I've coughed occasionally and vomited a few times, however. Just remember to vomit with the regulator in your mouth and when finished, remove the regulator and shake it out.

Sneezing usually comes from irritating a channel in your nasal cavity. When you wear a mask, there is not much happening in the nasal cavity, thus, chances of irritating it is greatly reduced.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom