Irda. Driver for Windows 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbomb001

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I dive a luna pdc. And use the uwatec irda. I recently upgraded to windows 10 and no longer will my smart track software pair with my pdc, I have installed the latest version of drivers and for whatever reason smart track will not recognize that the dongle is installed "windows recognized it as installed as an irda" however my dive software does not. Anyone else having this issue ?anyone from scuba pro aware of this issue or know of a fix for it ? Any help would be great! I hate to not be able to dl. My dives as I keep both a degatal copy and printed copies of my dives for my records. Again any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my galaxy S5 Active.

---------- Post added August 1st, 2015 at 03:42 PM ----------

I solved my problem. I restored back to windows 8.1 it was a driver issue with this irda.

I have the same problem, laptop upgraded to Windows 10 and the drivers Windows 10 automatically install but do not work leaving the device with an explanation mark in the device manager.

It is the current IR778 device.

Any new drivers in the pipeline?

Many Thanks

I dive a luna pdc. And use the uwatec irda. I recently upgraded to windows 10 and no longer will my smart track software pair with my pdc, I have installed the latest version of drivers and for whatever reason smart track will not recognize that the dongle is installed "windows recognized it as installed as an irda" however my dive software does not. Anyone else having this issue ?anyone from scuba pro aware of this issue or know of a fix for it ? Any help would be great! I hate to not be able to dl. My dives as I keep both a degatal copy and printed copies of my dives for my records. Again any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated

---------- Post added August 1st, 2015 at 03:42 PM ----------

I solved my problem. I restored back to windows 8.1 it was a driver issue with this irda.

I have the same problem, laptop upgraded to Windows 10 and the drivers Windows 10 automatically install but do not work leaving the device with an explanation mark in the device manager.

It is the current IR778 device.

Any new drivers in the pipeline?

Many Thanks
Idk if any are in the works or not but I had a few other small driver issues with other USB devices so I went back to 8.1 I actually like 8.1 after getting used to it. I hope they get the drivers figured out in time. Then perhaps I'll upgrade again. For now I'll stick with what works I mean for goodness sake what could I possibly do with my computer if I can't sync. It up after a dive ! That's just crazy talk.!

Win10 has a compatibility mode tester.

Find the executable (application) in the directory containing your software.

Right click on it - Troubleshoot Compatibility should be a menu option.

Or Click the Compatibility Tab for more options

You can also have Win10 run the program in whatever previous Windows version you had that worked prior to the upgrade in the dropdown box below that.

Alas, just tried that but with the same results :(The driver installer program runs okay but you still get a device error after you plug the USB to IR dongle in :(

Reactions: Jax
I have tried so many different things. I have it set to run in the previous windows 8. but still not working. I have reinstalled the program completely, and nothing works.

Just got a reply from Scubapro. "Sorry for the inconvenience. However, we should have a Windows 10 irDA driver posted on the web site soon.Best,TEAM SCUBAPRO USA"

Personally I am now going to wait awhile to try 10 again after reverting to 8.1 as I had some other issues with other things. I tried all possible avenues to trick that thing into working and had no luck. What surprised me the most was the fact that windows actually installed it as an irda and then wouldn't work even though it showed up in the hardware management as an irda.

Yes, I discovered this problem on my Desktop computer as well, exactly as you describe. Fortunately I still have a Laptop computer with Windows 7 and it works as expected. Good to hear that Scubapro intends to produce an updated IR driver for Windows 10. Does anyone know if Scubapro has any updates in the pipeline for SmartTrak 20801?

Back
Top Bottom