Why diving in Israel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear all,
After re-evaluating the article, I decided to remove the preview part.
Attached, please find the article's new version:

View attachment Why diving in Israel, By Gilad Shay, Scubaboard version.docx
The article meant to provide service for divers, and not to create antagonism due to mismatch information.
Thus, I apologize for all the members that were irritated by the original article and I appreciate the comments.
I wish all a great diving experience anywhere he/she dives at.
Obviously it’s the individual’s decision where he/she would like to dive.

Hopefully that clears the issue.
Thank you, Gilad

Is the border crossing at Taba open these days? Eilat was nice, but I was curious about Egypt as well, and crossed over the border to dive in Dahab. It was easy enough at the time--several years ago--but I don't know what the situation is today. If that sort of thing is still possible today, I would encourage people to try it and see for themselves what they like and dislike about both sides of the border. There are pros and cons to every place.

Is the border crossing at Taba open these days? Eilat was nice, but I was curious about Egypt as well, and crossed over the border to dive in Dahab. It was easy enough at the time--several years ago--but I don't know what the situation is today. If that sort of thing is still possible today, I would encourage people to try it and see for themselves what they like and dislike about both sides of the border. There are pros and cons to every place.

Usually it's open, but it is not open 24H. Google "Taba Border", for more details. Dahab is 2H drive from Taba.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom