Spare air for James Bond

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texasguy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
How many cubic feet are these and are these generally for sale?

gal_gadget_dad_underwaterbreather.jpg
article-2540610-1AB6753D00000578-352_306x423.jpg

Cocktail hour begin early? Between the Lost & Found post and this one, seems the boss must not be around....

I think that device breaks down water into oxygen and hydrogen to produce a breathable gas at ambient pressure and as such it is limited only by its batteries that last for days.

As you can see in the picture of Sean Connery, he is not breathing due to his lungs being lower than the device and not able to overcome the pressure differential while Pierce Brosnan is having no trouble breathing while in horizontal trim.

it is a cool device..I'm sure out of my price range....

i didn't see a price for that contraption....a perfect example of "if you need to know the price you can't afford it".

i didn't see a price for that contraption....a perfect example of "if you need to know the price you can't afford it".

The real question is: Do you collect art?

Yes, there is (or was) available... Just this gadget.

About 14 years back, DEMA Orlando, back when PADI introduced the NatGeo cert to give you an exact time frame.

I always look for the "odd and improbable" at DEMA. There was the usual smattering of inventors pishing away the last of their money to try and sell their goofy ideas to manufacturers... then there was this booth, manned by two Japanese guys.

Neither could speak Engrish, there were some price signs (in Yen) on the table, nothing was for sale, they were assumably "taking orders".

There sat that James Bond device, the cylinders appeared just a bit bigger. That's all I can say.

It seemed that they had a "new fun-sized" Spare Air, only a touch more useless, way more cool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom