Irda. Driver for Windows 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Guys Just received this from Scubapro:

We are waiting for an updated driver from the manufacturer, unfortunately, much of Europe is on vacation this month and we probably won't see it till Sept.Keep an eye on our website, we will post the driver as soon as it's available.

Regards,
Eric
SCUBAPRO

For what it's worth windows ten is awful. I can't run it on my machine. I tried more then I should have. It simply is not ready for release. I will not try it again ever. I'm sticking with 8.1 after goin back and forth multiple times I simply cannot make it work well on my laptop. I have an Alienware 17 with an i7 and 3 solid state drives and with 8.1 I boot In about 20 seconds with 10 it's more like 3 to four min. Add in the lack of drivers and software issues and I simply can't justify the DOWNGRADE to windows 10. Hope for all here that the driver comes soon for your pdc's and I also wish u all the best with 10 if u have a pc that is compatible and happy. Mine is built for high end graphic performance amd for what ever reason don't like 10. My girlfriend has a basic hp and it works fine for her perhaps all my extras are too much for 10.

Sent from my galaxy S5 Active.

Reactions: Jax
I use a SigmaTel USB IrDA Dongle. This is a really basic cheap one that I have had for years.
This worked fine for Win 7, but of course fails in Win 10
Win 10 does actually recognize it in device manager but no drivers.

I installed a virtual machine running Win XP ( Win 7 would have worked but I had an install disk for XP handy).
Smartrak runs fine under XP, Dongle works and connects to dive computer.

A little bit of work to set up, but quite straightforward and it works.

Virtual Machines & Multiple Operating Systems: VMware Workstation Player | United States - This is free for home use.

I use a SigmaTel USB IrDA Dongle. This is a really basic cheap one that I have had for years.
This worked fine for Win 7, but of course fails in Win 10
Win 10 does actually recognize it in device manager but no drivers.

I installed a virtual machine running Win XP ( Win 7 would have worked but I had an install disk for XP handy).
Smartrak runs fine under XP, Dongle works and connects to dive computer.

A little bit of work to set up, but quite straightforward and it works.

Virtual Machines & Multiple Operating Systems: VMware Workstation Player | United States - This is free for home use.
Yea I have thought about doin this before but it's far more of a pita then win 10 is worth being that I'd have to run too many other things in my other os. If I have to go to that length I should probably just stick with the older version. I for one don't mind 8.1 and I liked 7 I just was not willing to pay Alienware an extra 75 bucks to get windows 7 instead of 8.1

Sent from my galaxy S5 Active.

Good thread about a bad issue. Will use this advice as I get ready to replace my laptop. seems the virtual machine solution should work after a bit of tinkering, but a huge work around. I hate computers.

Bob in CO

VirtualBox, by Oracle, works really well. I have a Win7 VM on my Win10 box through VB. I can run SmartTrak on it, pointing to a shared folder on my Win10 host machine (where the log file is stored) and download my the dive logs from the Luna my gf uses. I would not store the log file on the virtual machine.

It is very easy to set up, but you'll need a Win7 (or XP) ISO or image, even one from VMware player would work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom