From the mouth of Scuba "professionals" (you can't make this stuff up)!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agree.
The fact that this shop guy tried to tell me that my tank sticker was wrong (but yet OK to fill), then make up some reason to prove his point is just laughable.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the VIP sticker being from an individual tank's inspector as opposed to a shop.
I get the feeling I know who inspected your tanks, there's so much BS going on since Fill Express abandoned us nothing surprises me anymore.

Maybe this nameless store doesn't respect the work of an individual that takes the time to learn the process and gets certified for this inspections as much as the work of the store's employee du joir that may or may not do a good job but has a prettier sticker with the name and logo of the store?

Either way it seems to me that if records are needed, accuracy is probably pretty high in the list of requirements of such records. If the inspector starts the process by "adjusting" the date, accuracy went down the drain. I realize time is relative but, but inspection's date should match the date on the calendar.

If that confuses any shop employees, the problem is a lot bigger than someone getting disturbed by a customer's voice volume while attending a class, with an instructor out of all the types of classes one could attend.

A little off topic, but I do a LOT of partial pressure blending, more than most shops. If the tanks are standing upright and are stored upright, we never get an accurate analysis until the tanks are rolled for a few minutes, then they measure spot on. If they are filled on their side and stored on their side, no rolling is necessary. This has been proven thousands and thousands of times by me personally.

^^ Interesting..

I agree with Bakodiver. While I bank trimix, and can't roll the cylinders, it sometimes takes a couple of days for the trimix to mix correctly. If I mix it by the cylinder, rolling the cylinder makes it mix soon, but filling on the side and then standing the cylinder up makes it almost immediate.

This was the same place that rolls the Nitrox tanks to mix the gas. (Yes, really!)---------- Post added August 23rd, 2015 at 10:42 PM ----------Mexican sounds good.. btw
This should be done if a partial pressure fill is performed, and the bottle is checked immediately thereafter.
There can be as much as a 3% difference in O2 read.
Chug
Started young.

Just saw this conversation.

I had 4 of my tanks hyroed in June....I think the viz stickers at the time were all marked as having occurred about 6 months earier...I guess I was out of compliance too? Interesting that during those last 6 months before hydro, more than one shop, including Fill Express, Force E (2 different locations), and others filled them without question.

I know.....Ignorance of the Scuba Law is No Defense.....mea culpa.

More interesting is that I was at a shop on Commercial Blvd. in Lauderdale a couple weeks back when the owner was getting ready to fill a set of doubles with current viz stickers, but noticed that the hydro date that had expired 14 months ago...

...and I like Mexican.

Where and when?

P.S. and I'm surprised that anyone could be disturbed by Jenny's melodious tones....

Here I thought everyone living and diving in Southeast Florida got along splendidly because, well, they have the pleasure of living and diving in a diving mecca and therefore why would anyone ever be cranky with anyone else?! I thought dive shop politics only occurred in the Midwest. Who knew?

Nahhhh.....
We are just as cranky and sanctimonious as you Yankees.
But you Midwesterners are far more polite than we are.
Because there are so many divers that have MANY MORE DIVES, under their belts, down here.....
We go for the jugular FAST!

Chug
Currently entertained.

In my Chemistry years (a little after the lead to gold years), the proper way to blend a gas mixture was to set it on a horizontal set of rollers for as much as 4 hours. I will add that it was more important with Hydrocarbons.

Not that you have to do this with Nitrox, but there is a chemistry behind the the rolling gas blends.
Some just don't mix very easily.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom