TSandM -- Lynne Flaherty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very sad news. I never met her, but from the close to 10 years on the same boards she came across as a very likeable, intelligent and positive person. My condolences.

I'm very shocked and saddened by this news, I too pray she is found floating with a few choice words about wearing warmer undergarments!!!! Prayers for you Peter!!!
Debbie

So shocked to hear the news. My thoughts and prayers.

Today, Aug. 25, 2015, while on a dive with me, her husband, Lynne failed to surface. The Coast Guard is still searching but it is highly unlikely of a successful rescue.

She had always told me that in the event of her death, she wanted all of the details to be made public. Unfortunately, there aren't any good details -- we had just descended, hit the expected current and then she was gone.

To the end my friend Lynne was still thinking about her diver friends, all the ones around her that she touched with her kindness and warmth. To make her life story a teaching moment for all the divers, now and future. Still fighting back the tears. So hard to accept this.

Oh God! I haven't met Lynne in person, but on any question/issue I posted on this board, she always gave such thoughtful, helpful and kind advice.
This is shocking and heartbreaking..
Hoping for a miracle.

Sent from my XT905 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear Peter. I saw your Facebook post and came over here for more details. I haven't seen you guys in a couple of years but I have sent a message back and forth with Lynne fairly recently.

Such a shock. At least you two have many friends to reach out to.

We are so sorry, Peter. Our hopes and prayers are with you and Lynne. If there is anything we can do you for you, please let us know.

-Don and Elissa

Back
Top Bottom