TSandM -- Lynne Flaherty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm still rather speechless but still holding out for a miracle. Before I woke up this morning I was having a dream that I ran across an old dive friend and asked "Is it true about Lynne?" I woke up and was relived that it was only a dream but quickly realized that this is not just a bad dream.

My deepest sympathies. Peter: If there is ANYTHING I can do, please let me know.

-Dennis

Peter, Hugs to you. I as well as the community is here for you in anyway possible. I honestly thought that when I awoke this morning the news would be abuzz with a miracle. There just are no words to describe the numb feelings. Ed wrote a heartfelt and true post. It was beautifully written about a wonderful person whom we will miss tremendously.
-Jill

Peter, like so many others, words failed me when I heard this news. You & your family have my deepest condolences & prayers today & in the days to come.

I had the privilege of serving on staff with Lynn here at SB & had nothing but the greatest respect for her. Her knowledge, her reasoned discussion, her overarching kindness shone through in all of her posts & in her moderating. I had always hoped to make it to the SeaTac area to meet & dive with her. I now regret putting that trip off for warmer waters.

Godspeed, Lynne- you are a blessing to all who have known you in any way.

My thoughts go out to Peter and Lynne. My heart in my stomach - tears in my eyes. Hoping against hope. Lynne was one of the kindest and most generous people I know. Generous with her friendship, her time and her knowledge and experience. Always ready with a kind word, encouragement and help if needed. Lynne was a true ambassador for scuba diving in general and team diving in particular. She will be truly missed.

08-Tim-Kathy-Lynne.jpg

I would just like to mention that Lynn was inspired by a formerly active member of this board Uncle Pug. Ron was a very well respected member who seemed to drop off the radar right after another beloved member Rob Davies passed in a diving accident.
This sport needs caring and mentoring people such as Lynn, Uncle Pug and Rob Davies. I sincerely hope that this tragedy will not deter others from accepting the challenges and rewards scuba diving offers.
God speed Lynn, we will miss you.

It is difficult to comprehend how distraught I feel over the loss of someone I never met. That is a powerful tribute her intellect and generosity. RIP and deepest condolences.
It's amazing how many of us are sharing that exact same sentiment...

Wow, I'm shocked!! Like so many others here, I have no words right now to explain my grief.

I never met Lynne, but she was originally from Santa Rosa (my town) and we had pm conversations about local diving here and places that we both knew. She was one of the most knowledgeable people on SB and from what I gathered the most meticulous with gear and protocols.
She is the very last person on earth I would ever have expected for something like this to happen.

My sympathies to all friends and family.
God bless.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom