TSandM -- Lynne Flaherty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just in pure shock... Thoughts and condolences to Peter and his family

Peter... The world is a sadder place today. I was one of the many that never met Lynne, but were touched by her. I had no idea she was missing until I was reading her 10th anniversary post earlier today. Interestingly I had just read her explanation of what TS&M stood for, which brought a huge smile to my face because I had always wondered. A few posts later in the thread, I read something that hit me hard in the stomach... Pete's post that Lynne was missing.

While I hope against hope that God has not yet called her home, I pray with many others that she is floating somewhere waiting to be picked up. Either way, know that Lynne will never be truly gone and she will live on in the hearts of the many whose lives she has touched, digitally and in person.

Lynne would be pleased by the number of posts in this thread that begin with something to the effect of "I haven't been on ScubaBoard in years, but" ... it's an amazing tribute to the depth to which she's touched so many ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I haven't been on Scubaboard in years. I met Lynne here. She (and Bob) took me under their wings as a baby diver, in many ways I feel like a grew up as a diver with Lynne as a classmate, colleague and friend. Although I've drifted away from diving, we've stayed in touch--Peter and Lynne are an example of a couple living life to its fullest and doing it right . . .

I'm shocked, beyond belief. This is a tremendous loss, my hope is that the diving community can, collectively, wrap their arms around Peter and hold him in a big group hug as he navigates the waters of a tremendous loss.

My condolences

Ive read them all and tears have flowed.
I want to hope but embrace that you might have found peace.
Your legacy will live on in all of us.
As post #187 stated your spirit of giving and care was demonstrated in a small way at SB.
In person you were magnificent may the gifts you so freely gave to us move us to do so to others.
Though darkness threatens us the torch Lynne carried has been freely passed from her hands to all of us for years!
MAKE IT SO!

CamG

What a tragic loss. I am so sorry to hear this news. I too have spent many hours reading her posts and always enjoyed her perspective. Condolences

I will add my condolences - just heard the news from my wife. I only met Lynne and you briefly, but she has influenced and helped so many. Our prayers are with you.

Peter - I am so very sad and sorry for what you are going through right now. Cheryll and I so enjoyed our time with you and Lynne during the Loreto, Mexico trip just a short few weeks ago and we were really looking forward to the next time that we would share diving, hiking, and good conversation during mealtime yet again.
If there is any thing that we can do now or later to help you, please let us know and we will be there for you.

Ray H
aka NW_DiverDude

In memory of Lynne Flaherty
In Memory of Lynne.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom