90 degree elbow issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

talldiver

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wanted to let you know that I've ordered from 2 different online vendors the dive rite 90 degree elbow, RG1360, yet i've received the 70 degree elbow, RG1355. The packageing says its right angle adaptor, yet you can clearly see that its not 90 degrees. I've had to return both of them at my own cost. I don't know if this is a packaging error or you're trying to unload excess stock, either way, you've got a problem.

talldiver,

The RG1360 is not current product. Who are you ordering them from?

SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Sidemount, Rebreather, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - Right Angle Adapter

RG1355 is our right angle adaptor. It's a 70 degree bend which reduces turbulence going from the LP hose to 2nd stage. Please let us know if you need anymore help or give me a call in the office.

John
386-752-1087

I think I see the problem. "Right angle" is not 70 degrees and your picture does not make that very clear Had I known yours was actually a 70 degree angle, I would have bought one.

I think I see the problem. "Right angle" is not 70 degrees and your picture does not make that very clear Had I known yours was actually a 70 degree angle, I would have bought one.

what he says..... Did we skip a few classes in middle school where they covered geometry? It's also not 70*, that is an acute angle.... That would be 120*....

what he says..... Did we skip a few classes in middle school where they covered geometry? It's also not 70*, that is an acute angle.... That would be 120*....
Well, aside from the fact that you meant 110, not 120, it is an arguable point as to whether it is more properly called a 70 or a 110. If straight is zero bend, which most would call it, then it is 70 away from being straight. It is only 110 if you look at the adapter itself, without regard to its function.

But your main point is it is NOT a right angle adapter, which is synonymous and equivalent to 90 degrees, whether you look at the adapter or look at the amount of bend from straight. Dive Rite is both wrong and confused.

talldiver,

The RG1360 is not current product. Who are you ordering them from?

SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Sidemount, Rebreather, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - Right Angle Adapter

RG1355 is our right angle adaptor. It's a 70 degree bend which reduces turbulence going from the LP hose to 2nd stage. Please let us know if you need anymore help or give me a call in the office.

John
386-752-1087

Deleted, math 101 covered by other posters, didn't read whole thread before posting.

Last edited:
Well, aside from the fact that you meant 110, not 120, it is an arguable point as to whether it is more properly called a 70 or a 110. If straight is zero bend, which most would call it, then it is 70 away from being straight. It is only 110 if you look at the adapter itself, without regard to its function.

But your main point is it is NOT a right angle adapter, which is synonymous and equivalent to 90 degrees, whether you look at the adapter or look at the amount of bend from straight. Dive Rite is both wrong and confused.

I yield on that, I guess they're using the pipe fitting standard which makes sense, though I still tend to disagree with it as looking at the angle, 180* is flat, 0* reverses on itself.

Thanks for all the input. We'll be updating the website to reflect the RG1355 as a high flow 70 degree angle adaptor.

Safe Diving!

John

Thanks for all the input. We'll be updating the website to reflect the RG1355 as a high flow 70 degree angle adaptor.

Safe Diving!

John
Good on 'ya!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom