Hello from Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, you're in a wonderful location central to some serious scuba opportunities. For a newbie in your area, I'd recommend a trip down to Key Largo (trip report) to quickly build some enjoyable dive experience on the shallow reefs. Get your AOW and you can try some deep wreck diving there in the mornings. I'm speaking of diving with Rainbow Reef Dive Center; they put guides in the water at no added charge. There are other op.s in that area who are also quite reputable.

Once you get comfortably squared away with the basics, your own area, plus the West Palm Beach to the north, are good options. And once you get your AOW and are comfortable with some fairly deep dives, you may want to catch the Goliath Grouper Aggregation out of Jupiter, Fl, not all that far north of you (trip report).

And of course, Blue Heron Bridge, which I hope to hit someday. Some of my trip reports are written as introductory guides to sites to help people consider destinations, as I had to when I was researching the trip.

You are well-placed to get in a lot of great diving.

Richard.

Welcome to the board.
"Pompton" is a great place to be based for SCUBA adventures.
Jupiter is only an hour north.
Key Largo is about 90 minutes south.
Key Weird is 3 1/2 hours south...
There are a lot of good dive shops in this area.
And lots of great people to dive with.
And you can just walk off the beach and grab a bag full of bugs .
So it's all here.

Chug
Told everybody the storm wasn't coming this way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom