TSandM -- Lynne Flaherty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a lurker who seldom posts. But to hear of this sad news, I just had to say Lynne, you are loved and you have taught us all to be a better, safer, diver. My condolences to her dive buddy and all who loved her.

Lindy

I just heard about Lynne an hour or so ago from Dr Bill's post on Facebook and am in total shock and disbelief. Like so many other posts here, I never had the pleasure of meeting Lynne, although meeting and diving with her was something I was looking forward to some day, and only knew her through her posts and our interactions here on Scubaboard. So sorry to hear this sad news and deepest condolences to Peter. She made Scubaboard and the dive community a much better place and will be greatly missed

My condolences to Lynn's family and friends. Although we never met she has been instrumental in helping me through a difficult challenge. I grew to respect and admire her dedication to making diving a safer and more enjoyable sport for all she interacted with. Her loss will be felt deeply for for many many years. I send all my prayer of love and peace to her family and friends.

Peter my heart goes out to you and your family. Lynn was very helpful to me when I first got into diving. I always enjoyed reading her posts. Hopefully I will get a chance to read more. Sending prayer your way.

My sincerest condolences to Peter and the rest of Lynn's family. She touched many lives in the scuba community. From her online manner, I would bet that she was an outstanding person and physician. My heart is breaking for you.

Well after a few days of being in total disbelief and not being able to find words, I'm just going to borrow these. What a wonderful, wonderful human being she was. You just knew that she sought out young divers and kind of gently nudged them in the right direction. I hope I don't sound silly, but it's as if Scubaboard was full of little ducklings and Lynne was the mama duck who tended to as many as she could possibly tend to. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say I'll miss her every time I visit this site.

I was one of those "ducklings." After a really bad introduction to Puget Sound diving, she offered to take me out and teach me a bit. Taking her up on that was one of the best decisions I've ever made. For those that never met her in person, she was brilliant. I got just as much from picking her brain on the surface as I did diving with her. I was very lucky; she took a liking to me over my enthusiasm and expertise on fishes, and we struck up a friendship. For the six short months I knew her, we talked often. I will miss her encouragement, wit, and candor very much.

I only got to dive with her twice (four times if you count two equipment-related aborts), but those dives have had more of an impact on me than anything else I've done as a scuba diver. I'm taking GUE Fundamentals this November because of her. I cried so hard when I heard...

Peter... again, I'm extremely sorry for your loss. As I mentioned in the accidents thread, I admire the fortitude with which you've addressed this.

Last edited:
I was also stunned in disbelief to hear this terrible news. She was always so knowledgeable, balanced and safety conscious. I learned a lot from reading her posts. And Peter, she often mentioned you in her posts. May her memory be a blessing.

Adam

I am shocked and saddened. Although I did not know TSandM, Lynne, outside the forum, I will miss her posts here on Scubaboard. So sorry for your loss.

I haven't been on the Board much lately, but today I was tasked by my wife and friends to look for recommendations for Maya Riviera on SB. I was fortunate that my first click was for a thread that had a response from Lynne in it early on- and I thought, "man that was easy," because I knew I could stop searching threads.

I promptly sent links to the websites of the dive op and resorts Lynne recommended to my friends, with a note stating, "these are from someone I trust on SB to give good recommendations." It was only a few minutes later when I came across this thread using the "Today's Posts" function.

Lynne was a great asset to her community and all of us on the board. Peter, I am sorry for your loss and she will be missed by many.

Back
Top Bottom