Cirque de Soleil and SCUBA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The ones I've seen were just fabulous acrobatics. Detailed costumes and sets too, but the acrobatic abilities were just unbelievable.

Doc, I think you'd like Preston & Child's Cabinet of Curiosities, if you've not already read it.

I have seen 5 or 6 shows and haven't found anything "scary" yet but everyone has a different trigger for bad dreams. I've liked all but one of the shows I've seen, Varakai, and will gladly go to a new one every chance I get. My wife has been unimpressed 2 out of 3 shows she's seen. The most recent she really enjoyed but I think that was because it was a "dinner theater" situation and we ate a really good meal with very good friends before/during the show.

Cirque runs the gamut across the board. There are shows that people love, and shows that they hate.

fjpatum, just out of curiosity, where did you see Varekai? Was it in the tent or in the arena? I ask because the shows go through major revisions going from the tent to the arena and they lose a lot in the transition, and Varekai just recently (within the last 2 years) went into arenas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom