Divers Warehouse UK warranty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iwander

Reaction score
This website (www.diverswarehouse.co.uk) has the best prices even though it is a bit disorganized. This is also the website for the Otter wet/drysuits so it is not a fly-by-night company. However, nowhere in the site is there any information about warranties by manufacturers or by Divers Warehouse themselves. Does anyone know about their warranty terms or maybe they dont offer any warranty at all? Other online sites either provide their own warranty like www.diveinn.com, or provide manufacturers' warranties like scubatoys.

Boogie711:
No idea about warranties, but I'll vouch for the site - I got two DS4's delivered for $140 US to my door. Can't beat that kind of pricing.

Yes but what if it breaks down within two years? I wonder if Divers Warehouse would accept it back and get it repaired. In case of Aqualung/Apeks, their warranty is good for two years so doesnt matter after that anyways. I'm thinking of the Suunto Vyper which would be $290 delivered in the States. Not sure how the computer warranty would play out.

Think this one through... so what if it breaks down? At $140 delivered my immediate response is "Buy another one!" That's less than half of what I can purchase them for at a LDS.

Secondly, when was the last time you've heard of a quality regulator "breaking down?" If you maintain your gear properly, get it serviced when you should, etc. it will look after you.

Realistically, how much of a premium are you willing to pay for a warranty - especially on something that just doesn't break down? For me, that answer was pretty simple... not much. Especially not twice.

With regards to Diverswarehouse I've never had anything but first class service from them, they live 20 miles down the road from me but I check up their online stock and prices all the time.

They are real nice divers and are totally commited to the customers, if you have any warrenty issues just email them and ask what their stance is....

They are currently negociating for a Greenforce F2 umbillicay with a HID 6 deg head instead of the normal 13 deg....I repeat nothing is too much trouble and they provide you with coffee while having advice chats to find out what is best for you.

Brian C

I personally won't shop anywhere else now!

Went there last week and got a great deal on a dry suit and reg set...........I cannot believe that they can offer such great deals. A company that is well worth visiting{if you can} or ordering from.

Before anyone asks what a Kiwi is doing posting on this subject.....I live in London, England now

NO I DO NOT WORK FOR THEM :14:

Iwander:
This website (www.diverswarehouse.co.uk) has the best prices even though it is a bit disorganized. This is also the website for the Otter wet/drysuits so it is not a fly-by-night company. However, nowhere in the site is there any information about warranties by manufacturers or by Divers Warehouse themselves. Does anyone know about their warranty terms or maybe they dont offer any warranty at all? Other online sites either provide their own warranty like www.diveinn.com, or provide manufacturers' warranties like scubatoys.

The legal requirements for warranty postings and content don't apply because these are not US sites. Check some manufacturer's warranties and you will find that US and European warranties are not the same anyway. For example, Aqualung, and therefore Apeks, offers free parts for life in the US with annual service from an authorized dealer. The European warranty doesn't offer free parts, only a warranty against defects in material and workmanship. A lot of these European sites are also authorized dealers as the European market doesn't allow manufacturers to prohibit online sales. What should be a consideration will be what an actual servicing will cost. You can get parts kits for some regs thru these European sources anyway. BTW, what does a full service with parts cost in Europe for an Apeks reg vs what it costs in the US? Locally, I could get Apeks serviced for $15 a stage, or $45 total if purchased with warranty (With free parts) but don't know what charge would be for parts if I had to pay for them additionally.

Hey Ynot,

Divers warehouse just offer a great service without the hassle...... all that legal stuff is for the states and such. I can say that the service and support offered by divers warehouse beats most companies hands downh. I've hung out at Stoney Cove{UK dive site} and heard some great stories and now seen how far they will go to make the customer happy and content.

Morg_NZ:
Hey Ynot,

Divers warehouse just offer a great service without the hassle...... all that legal stuff is for the states and such. I can say that the service and support offered by divers warehouse beats most companies hands downh. I've hung out at Stoney Cove{UK dive site} and heard some great stories and now seen how far they will go to make the customer happy and content.

My question is one of cost. There are plenty of good places for service in the US and most are hassle free for regs bought at their store. Because the free parts for life with a valid warranty keeps popping up I wanted to know what a service with parts cost in Europe. If I bought a reg set (first stage, primary second and octo) from an online source and didn't get a arranty, a LDS could easily charge $15 a stage for the service + an additional $80 for parts (total of $125 US or about 103 Euros). It's not like parts are readily available here from the LDS' for sale to the public and without the "free" parts aspect, many here are at the LDS' mercy. I was wondering if a full service with parts was cheaper in Europe being that everyone pays for parts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom