Just got certified!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seeker242

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just got my open water certification yesterday. So excited! Dive 3 was interesting to say the least...We dove the wreck ancient mariner in South FL. After doing compass navigation we started back to the mooring line. Saw some lady entering the wreck, meanwhile her tank was unstrapped and was starting to float away. Of course she had no idea and her buddy was nowhere to be seen... One of my instructors got to her just in time just as her tank came completely loose and he caught it and strapped it back in... Good guy, he could have just kept going! Next, we were ascending on the line and two guys come bolting up from the surface, from 60 ft, ascending very fast and they never stopped...My instructor was so concerned that when we surfaced he felt he needed to call the other boat and tell the DM what happened. Jesus, I hope that isn't the norm around here, LOL

The only thing I really had any trouble with was no mask breathing. Need more practice on that for sure. I was able to do it, but it wasn't fun!

Congrats!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Congrats, I got certified two weeks ago but my dives were much less eventful!

Prior to my class I practiced with a snorkel and no mask so I was fairly comfortable with most of those type skills, mask removal and replacement, no mask swimming, etc. And clearing a mask with a reg is much easier than with a snorkel, so its a good way to practice.

I did ingest a couple big gulps of water when doing oral bcd inflation at the bottom for bouyancy practice... forgot to purge... that was fun:)

Congratulations, sounds like you got cert dives and free trip to the circus to boot! I've seen remarkably experienced divers be quite the wuss about swimming with no mask, and that's not even in salt water.

Have a great time & welcome to the pond!

Congratulations. I have seen tanks floating loose before (mine a couple of times back then). But I have yet to see a "bolter"--knock wood.

Congrats on your pass-great feeling isn't it? I got mine a few weeks back

Now, like me, the learning really starts.

Welcome to the tribe! A long and exciting life of diving awaits...

Back
Top Bottom