Dive Rite , Scuba Pro , Zeagle Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

any time you come across a website that sell used regulators, you will find that %90 of what's being offered is Scubapro!! it is almost everywhere!! I don't know why a lot of people trying to sell/get rid of them or do they just make divers quit diving!! even the cheapest regulators on the market are not as widely available second hand as with Scubapro.

I respect the brand, I know its a quality brand.

any time you come across a website that sell used regulators, you will find that %90 of what's being offered is Scubapro!! it is almost everywhere!! I don't know why a lot of people trying to sell/get rid of them or do they just make divers quit diving!! even the cheapest regulators on the market are not as widely available second hand as with Scubapro.

I respect the brand, I know its a quality brand.

The top end Scubapro regulators are good quality but are ridiculously overpriced new. Many want Scubapro regulators but can't justify spending $1200 set of regulators that they will use twice a year and then sell used for $300. People sell used Scubapro regs because there is a demand for them and they bring enough money that they are worth selling. Many other brands are so inexpensive used it's just not worth the trouble selling them.

Scubapro is legendary in its dedication to providing parts for its "obsolete" older equipment. As far as regulators go, only the Pilot (ironically the best second stage ever produced by anyone) and the Air 1 are the only two not serviceable today. I have no problem either sourcing parts from VDH or having my LDS provide parts and service for my early two-port turrent Mk 5 and my R-109.

I would not be concerned with Scubapro not providing you with years, make that decades, of parts and service if you choose one of their regulator sets.

No plans of this yet, not that I heard of. And I am well stocked on Zeagle Kits

I wonder if that is going to change since Atomic's parent company now owns Zeagle.

Dgx or cave adventures- love my dive rite regs. See if your local shop will price match

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Then why am I loosing MK25 sales to the less expensive MK21 and S600 sales to the less expensive S560. I do feel that the new lighter weight regs. fill a need.

It is called cannibalization. Why should someone purchase a MK-25/S600 when the Mk-21/S560 provides the same performance for less?

The R295 has been replaced by the R095 ( only available in rental ) & the R095 OCT. The R395 has been replaced with the R195.

Originally, they only had the R190, then they split the line with the only difference being the Dive/Predive switch. I am not sure why a diver would not want one.

The metal barrel for the S600 is important in cold water; most traveling divers go to warm water.

A metal barrel helps alleviate dry mouth also. BTW, the difference in weight between the S600 and S560 is 0.7 oz. Not really a big weight savings.

Actually, this was a retrograde step because the original G-500 (US made) had a metal barrel. When the new G-500 (Italian made) came out it used a plastic barrel which carried over to the S-600. The G-250 also had a metal barrel but the G-250 HP switched to a plastic one.

I believe the MK18 that was tested in the U.S. market had the turret, but the consumer did not buy it. If a unit does not sell, they drop it.

The Mk-18 was not a sealed regulator. Apeks seems to sell quite a few DST firsts, so I guess divers do like sealed first stages with turrets. Also I am not sure what the cost differences were and what second the MK-18 was paired with.

---------- Post added September 13th, 2015 at 10:30 PM ----------

What i have noticed from shopping around and witness few of my close friends buying gears thru different vendors non of which is listed in this OP is that company's keep changing every 2-3 years and discontinue service /Parts and warranty on 3 years old product that they charge well close to $600 + . I am not saying that is the case for Scubapro , Dive rite or so many others out there . I am sure they all have to do something to stay in business but Scubapro left me with the impression that i will have to budget for more than i have to get the same caliper that is offered buy others

You need to be more specific. While dive gear does change every few years to keep sales going, I really know of no manufacturer that stops supporting gear after only a few years. Usually the changes are only cosmetic and the rebuild kits are the same.

I wonder if that is going to change since Atomic's parent company now owns Zeagle.

I bought Zeagle, Atomic "improved" second stage kits five months ago. I do think the polished-edge oriface is an improvement as it had no problem mating with an old, deeply etched LP seat.

Back
Top Bottom