Buddy Dive Resort - 9/12/15 - 9/19/15 Want to go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello,

I am literally sitting in my wife's hospital room writing this. She is recovering from an unanticipated brain surgery. Because of this I can't go to Bonaire and stay at Buddy Dive starting this Saturday. I would seriously be a d-bag of a husband if I went, it's not even an option. I have plead my case to Buddy Dive as a several times over repeat visitor to their resort. Unfortunately my buddy and I are stuck paying for the two bedroom suite for the week. I get it, they have a business to run and policies are policies.

I am throwing out a Hail Mary to anyone in a position to go to Bonaire this Saturday for the week. I know it's a long shot. I think Delta has two seats available now. :)

Contact me asap and perhaps we can work out something between us to make it worthwhile for you and help my buddy and I get some of our money back. And yes, I know...Travelers Insurance in the future. :/

Jason

What about asking them to re-schedule your week till sometime next year so you have more time to re-sell it.

Just leave off the last part when you talk to them.

Hi Steve,

Believe me I tried. I asked for a credit. I don't want a refund. When she gets healthy enough and gives me the green light, I'll be going.
I have other things to worry about, but I feel bad for my buddy who is getting screwed. I have been going on scuba trips since 2002 and have never purchased trip insurance. It just doesnt even cross my mind.

Hi Steve,

Believe me I tried. I asked for a credit. I don't want a refund. When she gets healthy enough and gives me the green light, I'll be going.
I have other things to worry about, but I feel bad for my buddy who is getting screwed. I have been going on scuba trips since 2002 and have never purchased trip insurance. It just doesnt even cross my mind.

Do you really think you could have found trip insurance that would provide D-bag coverage?

I would love to go but am already booked up for work before my trip. Most importantly, I hope your wife is comfortable and makes a quick and complete recovery! I have had to eat a trip before and it sucks but sometimes it's just the right thing to do. All the best!

I would love to go but am already booked up for work before my trip. Most importantly, I hope your wife is comfortable and makes a quick and complete recovery! I have had to eat a trip before and it sucks but sometimes it's just the right thing to do. All the best!

Hey, thanks. Apparently morphine is helping her. :)

In the grand scheme of things, this really is nothing compared to what we are going through. I just really feel bad for my buddy who is being awesome about everything though. If anything finding a solution is keeping my occupied. :)

So sorry to hear this!! And I'm sorely tempted to go, but my partner and I just got back from a Belize dive trip and can't get away with another so soon.

Best wishes for your wife's speedy recovery.

I came across your thread because I wanted to research our next trip to Bonaire (after Belize, I'm wondering why we don't ALWAYS go to Bonaire:) - anyway, we love the drive and dive option at Buddy but I'm looking for something cheaper. Will let you know if I find anything!

Hey, thanks. Apparently morphine is helping her. :)

In the grand scheme of things, this really is nothing compared to what we are going through. I just really feel bad for my buddy who is being awesome about everything though. If anything finding a solution is keeping my occupied. :)

I have had no takers, so I needed to take what I could get from Buddy Dive. Personally I think that is horrible customer service, but whatever. Will look for someplace else to stay on future trips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom