2015 Fallfest Megadive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark and I plan to come so far. We'll keep you updated.

Hi Rox. Dennis Doyle will attend and bring cole slaw,chips and eggs. He will help with food prep and cooking, I (Linda) will attend and help with food prep & cooking and bring breakfast muffins and a side for dinner ?and eggs, Dave Amsden will be attending and will bring Potato salad and possibly fruit. He want to laz around :)-( ) so we will get him to do something worthwhile to help.

It looks like Jennifer and I will be attending. I'm not up for camping yet, so we'll be at the high springs inn. I know it will severely limit our fun but it's better than missing one of my favorite events entirely!

ENJOY

Megadiver's Attending and Food List
Post that your attending, any guests with you, what you would like to bring,
and if you can help out with some of the chores.
I'll add your name to the list at the end of the week.
Hope this helps!
:d

Cardzard and Roxanne - A cooler full of water, diet and non diet sodas, and juices for the kids for the group dinner. Then for brkft, 18ct eggs, precooked bacon, sausage and ham, and some asst veggies for the omlettes. And last but not least, Glow sticks for the galaxy dive.
Moonie -
jeandiver
- Bratz, bunz , condiments, chipz, zalza , And anything else I can find.
Leoparddog, Lilyan and Karen - I'll smoke 2 pork butts before we leave and bring my homemade BBQ sauce and 2-3 packages of buns. My French press works for a few cups at a time. (There is electric at the pavilion if you need it. We do usually have a few pots going on propane stoves.)
mermaid0sea - I'm bringing fiddle and uke. And hope we can do some spooky stuff being it is halloween and all... underwater pumpkin carving???? I will bring eggs and trick r treat jello shots. I will also bring bacon cheese biscuits and some other baked good. And chips. Ghost stories around the fire? I am gonna be decorating my tent for Halloween I think.
jsisemore, Chris of the Abyss, and Cownose Rachel - We will bring eggs, diced ham, chips and salsa, plus some Halloween treats. Maybe some tricks too...
butterfb and daughter - We will bring some fixings for the omelets, mushrooms, Jalapenos, and a bunch of fruits to eat.
Richard FDC, Kate and we're hopefully bringing several friends - I have a bunch of glow sticks that need to get used up so I'll contribute about 30.
H2Andy - Ok ... so I'll be bringing 2 dozen eggs, tequila, and rum. Also per Roxanne I've learned "Mama Told Me Not to Come" :guitarist:
moondog75 - Bringing charcoal, salsa, and cheese and something for Saturday night.
scorpion2012 and Mark -
Linda34668 - breakfast muffins and a side for dinner ?and eggs
Dennis D - cole slaw,chips and eggs.
Dave A. - Potato salad and possibly fruit.
kelemvor and JSweat -
And many others that have checked in on FB but still need to sign up here.

For those who always ask what to bring. Here are some ideas...
Meat items for the grill (We're trying to keep it simple so it doesn't take forever to cook for the group)
(Please keep it to Hamburgers, hot dogs, brats, chicken breast and premade items like pulled beef/pork, meatballs and shish kabobs. If you have something else you were thinking about and want to cook that yourself, that's great! Some have brought fryers or smokers and added to the meat items that way.) Don't forget the buns for items like hamburgers and hot dogs.
Eggs
(We never seem to have enough.)
Items for the omelettes (additional meats, peppers, mushrooms, onions, olives, salsa, wraps, cheese, etc.)
Items for Breakfast (Juices, fruit, muffins, coffee, creamer, etc.)
Charcoal (self starting)
Condiments (cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, ketchup, mustard, mayo, relish, BBQ sauce etc.)
Paper towels and napkins
Heavy duty Paper Plates
(no Styrofoam please) and desert plates.
Plastic silverware
Bottled water
Side dishes (casseroles, baked beans, potato salad, macaroni salad, cole slaw, chips and dips/salsa, fruit salad, green salads w/dressing, veggie tray w/dip, etc.)
Deserts (Oh please don’t forget the deserts!)
Tiki torches and fuel (for around the fire)
Fire wood for the camp fire.
And a pumpkin if you would like to do an under water pumpkin carving contest during the day on Saturday.

We also need volunteers to help out during meals for the weekend. THANKS!!!!
If we all pitch in and take a task, it makes for a fun weekend for everyone.
Sat. Breakfast -
Cook - scubafool
Food Prep and set up (2-3) jsisemore
Egg cracker (1-2) Chris of the Abyss, and Cownose Rachel
Clean up (1) butterfb and daughter
Sat. Dinner -
Cook (2-3) - Roxanne, Dennis, Linda34668
Tables and food set up (2)
Clean up (2) Richard FDC and Kate
Sun. Breakfast -
Cook - scubafool
Food Prep and set up (2) Leoparddog
Egg cracker (1-2)
Clean up (1-2)
If someone needs ICE on the way in,
there is a self-serve ICE machine when you leave High Springs to turn on the road to go to Ginnie.
In addition to Ginnie's Springs store and dive shop,
Air Fills:
Cave Country Diving - Home in High Springs where Salvo used to be.
(US Hwy 441)
There is a Winn-Dixie in High Springs , open 7 AM to 10 PM every day.
There is also a CVS Pharmacy right next to the Hardees.

If you have any questions, just ask. One of us will respond.

Those look yummy! Today's the 1st day of Fall! I'm so ready for Megadive!

640?cb=20130101171400

The 5 of us will be there (Simon, Christa, Rylan, Sophie, Nick) :) Looking forward to seeing everyone! We are happy to bring whatever is needed. We'll plan for a couple salads (broccoli salad and a pasta salad with veggies & meat). If you need us to bring more eggs, omelette ingredients or meat please just let us know.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom