Who is going in September 2015?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depends on who you are meeting. The SWA and the Max have been picking up in the new marina closest to the old, so the easiest is to go in caleta, go all the way to the left and park or get out. Then walk through the missing bit of fence 20 feet to the boat. Actually if you are walking to the 3P (ducks :) ) boats, they park close to that side too. New boat looks nice.If you drive yourself, good luck getting one of the 12 parking spaces in the new marina. of course you might drive into one of the many open holes on the way in. On the bright side, they are building the heck out of new buildings over there. Nothing is done of course, but they have alot started. lot more than a month ago.
I was down a week ago Sunday and Sundays are by far the most crowded as its the local residents day off and since many go out on boats, there are many extra cars parked at the new marina. Parking is fluid and seems to expand into unintentionally areas as demand warrants. Last week there were 40-50 cars plus bikes and scooters.
3P, like many other OP's who are loading out at the new marina, load along the sides of the boat ramp up front. While their slips are back in the last row they stage out of the front end. It's kinda like the airport where the curb is for 'active loading and unloading'. I am very impressed with the 'lets make this thing work' attitude of the boat Captains, I was doubter initially after the move but it really does seem to be working, hopefully it holds up come high season.

Oh sure more people are parking, but there are still only 12 spaces as of like two days ago. and they have those pop ups for you to avoid the sun a little as there is NO other shade. Many are still loading in Caleta too.

And I guess you can call it 'working' as long as you have a great bladder or you like peeing on trees. Or you can walk to caleta, which has bathrooms. And I am sure that loading zone will be great when many more boats are trying to use it.

But now that it is 'open' they are actually working on it, so that is nice. Lots of building. Be nice to have a beer cooler in the marina again.

Forget I mentioned the parking in the lot at old caleta and loading right there in the new marina. I don't want someone else to figure that out and ruin our good thing. so ix-ney on that. Heck I even got a space UNDER the concrete roof to keep the car in the shade the other day.

Bill and Renate, 19-26, Tres Pelicanos, Residencia reef :D
Hey, that's what we're doing too. I'll buy you a beer, hahaha. Eric and Jenny, aka etexdiver and jtexdiver.

Oh sure more people are parking, but there are still only 12 spaces as of like two days ago. and they have those pop ups for you to avoid the sun a little as there is NO other shade. Many are still loading in Caleta too.

And I guess you can call it 'working' as long as you have a great bladder or you like peeing on trees. Or you can walk to caleta, which has bathrooms. And I am sure that loading zone will be great when many more boats are trying to use it.

But now that it is 'open' they are actually working on it, so that is nice. Lots of building. Be nice to have a beer cooler in the marina again.

Forget I mentioned the parking in the lot at old caleta and loading right there in the new marina. I don't want someone else to figure that out and ruin our good thing. so ix-ney on that. Heck I even got a space UNDER the concrete roof to keep the car in the shade the other day.
If parking holds in the old Caleta I may try it the weekend after next but I think that at some point soon Inter-Contenital Hotel's (el Presidente) will close the entrance to the old Caleta. Now if you are interested in a timeshare, I am sure they will be there to help

If parking holds in the old Caleta I may try it the weekend after next but I think that at some point soon Inter-Contenital Hotel's (el Presidente) will close the entrance to the old Caleta. Now if you are interested in a timeshare, I am sure they will be there to help
It will be interesting to see how it goes. old Caleta is still active with a bunch of boats. I guess there is still an active lawsuit by some of the boat owners over the deal.

Depends on who you are meeting. The SWA and the Max have been picking up in the new marina closest to the old, so the easiest is to go in caleta, go all the way to the left and park or get out. Then walk through the missing bit of fence 20 feet to the boat.

Thanks! Kevin is diving with Alison, so this is helpful.
(I'm trying to decide if I should stop by to say hi- I'm sad I'm not diving- but it's so busy in the morning, I don't want to slow her down... not to mention convince the taxi to sit and wait on me.)

It's been just over five years since my last Coz trip. But where is this "new" marina located? B.

The entrance is just North of the Caleta on the main road going South. Due to poor engineering and design it was forced to share the same sea entrance with old Caleta.

Three more days till my buddy, his wife, and I fly out for Coz. Got my dive gear packed. Got two new LED flashlights to try out. Got a new computer to break in. Replaced my primary second stage hose with a longer one since the short one on there was all they had at the dive shop my last trip. I think my stuff is all set. Now for clothing? Do some laundry tomorrow and get it ready to go. Can't wait. It's been five years since my last trip to Coz. Been diving Florida. Hope to see some of you there. B.

Back
Top Bottom