I have beat the odds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Doc told me to stay away from the Physical Terrorism too. My Achilles is fine. My problem is the peroneal tendon that runs along the outsite of the ankle below the protrusion to the foot split in half a good deal of the length of it. I am now allowed to weight bear a bit but absolutely no sideways inward, outward flexation or walking on uneven surfaces.

I couldn't give up my splits, they are good for my knees and ankles and I like to kick Darwin in the face with them

Last edited:
:lol: Everyone has their role. The way I see it best research to find the best you can get in the field. Be prepared to pay for it and don't waste your money by not following their direction.

Do I always follow my own advice...:blush:Obviously not because I have been told by all the best divers in the world that split fins will kill me and I still wear them.

I also have those retractable lanyards

Hey, I love my oceanic 3.0 pro plus... it is perfect for us old geezers who can't see those tiny little numbers on a puck.

My Cobalt II is better:catfight: the numbers are even coloured but then maybe WE are too OLD to dive and we HAVE beat the odds more than these young whipper snappers :giggle:

Yes, you beat the odds, but have you EARNED the patches?
padiPatches.jpg
Because no one want to end up like Hitler (seems like a good time to march out this one...) [video=youtube;YmqWSbJRrOI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmqWSbJRrOI[/video]

I dive with 4 (count'em), four computers. Two in normal mode, one in gauge mode, and one carries a spare battery in case I have to change it out underwater. You can't be too careful (plus, I want to make it to "old geezer" so I can make the most of my nitrox cert). I tried wrapping myself in bubble wrap, but it took too much lead to get under. :blinking:

Yes, you beat the odds, but have you EARNED the patches?
View attachment 216708
Dive with those around my neck of the woods and everyone would

Let me see how to do you qualify forI dived a Night with an instabuddy who said he was a Rescue Diver but I am sure he was Certifiable on a Drift Dive off a Boat with a Dive Master, we started on a Wreck but Navigated over to look at some Sharks and I was breathing Nitox but I wasn't :no:a Bouyant Diver cause I try to stay neutral on that issue

Because no one want to end up like Hitler (seems like a good time to march out this one...) [video=youtube;YmqWSbJRrOI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmqWSbJRrOI[/video]

It is always a good time to march that one out

---------- Post added September 21st, 2015 at 01:02 PM ----------

RJP posted this one awhile back it has to be THE classic post of the "Your gonna die set"

When my buddy and I were diving the U-869 on air with John Chatterton and Richie Kohler last year, my buddy's split fins silted the place up so bad that I couldn't find my Spare-Air. I got so nervous I mistakenly hit the "up elevator" lever on my SeaQuest i-3 BCD. Ordinarily, this would have sent me shooting to the surface, but fortunately some monofilament got tangled around my Air-2. When I cut the line with the 11" knife strapped to my calf, I mistakenly poked the purge valve in my HydrOptix mask. I tried to use my tank banger to get my buddy's attention, but by that time he had gotten one of his suicide clips tangled up in the retractor I use to attach my dry snorkle to the transmitter of my air-integrated wireless compass, which I bought on-line instead of at the LDS that I stopped supporting ever since I signed up for e-learning. I believe that was right about the time I had the regs I bought at Leisure Pro serviced at the local Jiffy-Lube but didn’t actually test them myself before going on a special “Storm Tracker” live-aboard trip that I signed up for because in addition to free nitrox they were offering a special "take Fish ID, get your IDC free" promotion. Unfortunately I missed that trip because of the systemic fungal infection I contracted when the Halcyon p-valve I installed myself in my cave-cut trilam dry suit failed while I was solo-diving for golf balls without a scooter. Which I only did for the money, ever since the captain of the boat I DM on started making me tip the passengers $10/tank on every charter that I work.

I'm writing a book about it...

Shallow Divers: The true story of two Americans who risked everything to solve the mystery of every "you're gonna die" cliche on ScubaBoard

Ironically, it seems that Gary Gentile is now claiming that I actually did not experience EVERY cliche myself, based on a series of interviews with the girlfriend of the brother of a guy I shared a room with on Spring Break in 1987 and is now threatening to expose the REAL story of how all the trouble started when Papa Bear kept radioing the Coast Guard to ask whether he could log pool dives as "real dives".

I will happily refute Gary's assertions in an on-line interview on ScubaBoard, wherein I will respond to any and all questions with "get a BP/W" while wearing my mask on my forehead.

PS - it's not the agency, it's the instructor!​

Want to be included in the ScubaSurveys market research panel? Simply send an e-mail to info@AquisMarketing.com with subject line "JOIN"

Follow me for a marketing professional's perspective on the dive industry... or a dive professional's perspective on the marketing industry:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/AquisMarketing
FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/AquisStrategicMarketing
Articles: http://www.aquismarketing.com/new-blog-1/

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom