Buy Once, Cry Once DIR rig for recreational diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i have a plastic zip on my suit and getting on mighty fine. if you want to travel with your drysuit then surely a santi over a dui? weight of a compressed suit is weeeigh (<<<< see what i did there ) heavier than tri lams, no?

also slightly off topic are horseshoe wings considered DIR? or full donut?

TLS is jokingly called "tears like silk" around here. Get the DUI FLX, or the Santi. Santi is now distributed and serviced by Halcyon here in the US. My Santi has been flawless.

You mean a Dry Until Immersed?

Sorry, I'm feeling all cocky today because the shop just informed me the Santi I ordered has arrived. Yippee!

It is unlikely a typical shell suit that work in NorCal (cut for thick undergarment) will be a nice suit to dive in tropics. If you want "one for all temperature" suit, I think White Fusion is probably the only choice. It is not the optimal suit for both end, but it will be a decent suit that you can use everywhere.

If cost isn't an issue, you can consider a TLS/FLX/Santi for cold water, then get 30/30 for travel.

I purchased the Santi E. Motion. It is extremely light in weight and fairly wear resistant. I've had mine for two years and have several hundred dives. I have replaced the latex neck seal twice but my silicone wrist seals are fine. Any trouble I've had with the Ti-Zip (leak) has been because of my carelessness/negligence. There is a small amount of color fading but that's it.

Sending the suit to Poland does mean that you will lose your suit for two months, as it goes to Halcyon first. Would I get another Santi suit? Absolutely. I would get a custom made suit, however. They are very form fitting, so it's imperative that you try out the suit with your THICKEST undergarment.

O.

I dive a Santi eMotion with the Santi/Apeks inflator and the SiTech dump valve. Have had no problems with the TiZip - a little TLC has had me warm and dry through forty dives or so. Am adding the Kubi rings for a better dry glove solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the Santi eMotion. Santi boot sizes are wonky though, something you must watch out for, especially if you do not have narrow feet. Wear a pair of thick hotfoot socks to test them out.

If they fit widthwise, they end up too long. If they are just nice lengthwise, the width is too narrow and is painful for your foot. If they fit, make sure you measure the amount of space at the front of your toes. There should not be more than 1 - 2 finger widths of space.

The "too long boot" is a problem because you get gas migrating and staying trapped in your boot, making your fins feel like they're popping off. You end up not being able to inflate your suit properly to give you proper arm mobility for valve drills, as putting enough air into it will take away your ability to kick properly.

I already know a number of divers who encountered the same problems with the Santi suits, so beware.

Guys I know who get the FE Argonaut suits seem to like them, and they seem to be much easier to dive with (esp. to dump gas), although I heard the cutting is very fitting and you might not be able to fit really thick undies with it. So if you are trying/getting the FE, wear the thickest undergarments you think you will need for your diving.

Last edited:
Guys I know who get the FE Argonaut suits seem to like them, and they seem to be much easier to dive with (esp. to dump gas), although I heard the cutting is very fitting and you might not be able to fit really thick undies with it. So if you are trying/getting the FE, wear the thickest undergarments you think you will need for your diving.[/QUOTE]

i would agree with this, my suit is pretty snug i wear the fourth element artic expedition top which is slightly thicker than the standard one. i think if i went thicker i may be quite squished. it is very nice in the water though. taking it to coldest water yet this weekend so will let you know how i get on.

Ordered the DUI FLX and Santi 400 g Thinsulate for cold water diving. Did not go with Santi outer suit because I could not try one on or even see one. Also, DUI HQ is a one day ship if I ever need it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom