The Sharks of Palm Beach County

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

June 13 - Lemon Drop & Blue Water Drift
Silky - 4+
Dusky - 1
Sandbar - 4+
Lemon - 6
Bull - 10+

By the end of our blue water dive there were so many sharks coming up at once it was hard to keep track of the count.

In the upper right hand pic with the diver and 3 sharks: is that a fish hook in the left eye of the shark on the left? Can't quite tell but looks like it.

Amazing pics!!!!! I'd be a little intimidated with the Bulls and Tigers.

June 28 - Deep Ledge
Dusky - 6+
Sandbar - 4+
Silky - 1

Note the fin position on #4. When you see that behavior it's time to move away.

is that a fish hook in the left eye of the shark on the left?
Thanks! Yes, that shark had two hooks, one through the side of its face and the other through its eye.

I guess I've never seen any up close shark photos. After looking at all the pics in the thread and those you posted today, I've since realized that many of the sharks have hooks in them.

Thanks!
Jeff

Here is a couple:

IMG_5830_zpswgmsz1cy.jpg

IMG_5841_zpscu2epgnx.jpg

N

Did my first Shark dive in Jupiter on Saturday with Emerald charters, great operation. Amazing experience can't wait to do it again, I'm lucky I only live half hour north of Jupiter. Hope you enjoy the video! Shot with a Gopro 4 Silver.
Emerald charters - YouTube

My shark dive out of West Palm on 8/27/15. A lemon, what I think is a bull and two silkies.

Shark Dive 8 27 15 - YouTube

That one at 0:38 is a sandbar. The guy at 2:37 (not sure if he's the same shark as the one in the two segments before) is a dusky; Cameron Nimmo and Chris Cameron actually got that hook out of his face the following day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5eEs2zI1Y8

The little runt at 6:02 is either a silky or a dusky; at that size it's harder to tell.

That is fantastic! So happy they were able to help it, that is an awful wound. And thanks for helping with my IDs- I'm new at this.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom