Lack of Decent Air Options to CZM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As mentioned, there are fewer choices this time of year, but using Matrix, looking at 10-20 to 11-20, limiting search to no overnight itineraries, and only one plane change - I see some choices from Baton Rouge for $450 but leaving on a Saturday, from New Orleans for $393 leaving on a Wednesday or $433 leaving on a Thursday.

From Baton Rouge, flying to Cancun doesn't work well at all - more expensive really?! From New Orleans, American has flights to Cancun for $302 but they penalize you with a long layover going. For $387, they'll get you to Cancun in less than 7 hours, back with a late morning departure in less than 7. Lots of choices if you work the tools.

I've got my phone set up to alert me when prices drop to a few of my favorite destinations. There are a number of websites that you can set up different routes, with your preferred prices.

Apps? Links?

Apps? Links?

Kayak, TripAdvisor, I'll have to search through my alerts to see the third. Oddly enough TA is the usually the first to alert me to the best deals, followed closely by Kayak. I believe TA is also the one that you can set you price. For example, I have the SEA/CUN set up to only tell me when the RT price drops below $350. I put up with the daily annoyance of the notifications for the deal. I'm going to see my daughter in Honolulu for $189 and we'll be coming direct to Cozumel for a $450 this year. Coming from Seattle that a great deal, it's usually over $600...

Kayak, TripAdvisor, I'll have to search through my alerts to see the third. Oddly enough TA is the usually the first to alert me to the best deals, followed closely by Kayak. I believe TA is also the one that you can set you price. For example, I have the SEA/CUN set up to only tell me when the RT price drops below $350. I put up with the daily annoyance of the notifications for the deal. I'm going to see my daughter in Honolulu for $189 and we'll be coming direct to Cozumel for a $450 this year. Coming from Seattle that a great deal, it's usually over $600...
Can you set a date window?

Yes, United has cut back on flights. My friends and I flew out of SFO redeye friday night into IAH, had breakfast and flew right into Coz. It was a good flight crew at all legs of the trip. We could not pick a better day to leave Coz, if there ever was such a thing. It was raining cats and dogs. Go figure.

All though, they did have to remove a drunk passenger at IAH which delayed the flight by an hour. It's debate-able whether the flight crew jumped the gun on that one. Some people thought he would passout and not be a problem. Others thought it was a good thing he was kicked off. IDK??? B.

Who fed him all the booze in the first place? :)

Oh, I thought it was the flight attendants.

Can you set a date window?

I don't think so. That's the one annoyance, but I'm still sold. I've purchased two great deals this year, but I have a fairly flexible schedule so that helps....

Is anyone else seeing a huge limitation on air to Coz lately? I live in Louisiana and normally I fly down about 4 times a year for a long weekend of diving. Lately I cannot find decent routes. Normally I can leave home at 6 am and be on the island by noon with a connecting flight.....coming home is the same, but lately it just isn't there. I am seeing long layovers etc.

is it just me?

Back
Top Bottom