First tropical dive trip ever. Suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you see your doctor talk to them about any medication you normally take and have documentation from the doctor for it. Just a bit of insurance so nobody gets confused about what you are going to do with it or why. I would also check for a script for any semi normal issues you might have. We bring medication for ear infections, we can jump on any issues quickly to avoid sitting out most of the dives. I tend to carry various first aid supplies with the intent of leaving them behind with the workers if they aren't needed. You wouldn't believe how pleased the office staff were to get a tube of off the shelf burn cream.

Often people bring "older" tshirts and gear and leave it behind. In some of these locations our junk is totally treasure. Specific gifts for locals I tend to try to bring cheap sun glasses , colouring books and crayons, pencil crayons.

Seems like you have things well in hand.. have a great trip :)

Back
Top Bottom