Mares ICON HD Net Ready - Air Integration Failed me yet again.. So frustrated

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Naboodiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well here I am again. Just returned from my yearly trip to Bonaire. Yet again the air integration failed me. It was working fine (well pretty well, failed on my initial dive at the quarry) when I left for Bonaire. First dive, no air integration. I took apart the transmitter and replaced the battery. Then I re-paired the transmitter to the computer (as normal took multiple tries). Next dive the next day, no air integration. This is my third transmitter. After last years failure at Bonaire, I sent the computer and transmitter into the Atlanta service center they promised me that it would never happen again and yet it did. They sent it back with a new transmitter. I guess I need to go shopping. I love this computer but I have been plagued with constant issues with the air integration. So 16 dives in Bonaire with no air integration data. I don't know what to do. I bought this computer from Leisure Pro. If Mares stood behind their products, they should send me a new one through Leisure Pro or refund my money. I would love to hear from Mr. O'Hara on what Mares might do to make me a once again happy customer with Mares. Maybe send me a new ICON Black.. Maybe it has the bugs out of it.

Hi naboodiver. I often get laughed at by my dive buddies who still don't understand why I'm still using the icon. Not to go into too much details, the story with the transmitter has been a failiure from the start.

I change the battery in my transmitter every 2 months (?!) as that is how I'm almost sure it will work. Even with a new battery, tghe transmitter sometimes doesn't send the data to the icon, so I gently tap it against my tank (I have it on a 15 cm HP hose), that usualy does the trick. I've come to accept that the transmitter sometimes just doesn't work. I Wonder if there are any new icon users with their icon/transmitters (one purchased recently) to see if Mares got rid of whatever it is that stops the older Devices from working sometimes...

No info from my side, just wanted to let you Know, you're not alone :)

Z

P.S.: Just found this: http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Icon-HD-Transmitter-Firmware-Update-.html?soid=1110058879691&aid=VQ9yB1jvZkA

Last edited:
I Wonder if there are any new icon users with their icon/transmitters (one purchased recently) to see if Mares got rid of whatever it is that stops the older Devices from working sometimes...

Mine has always flawlessly paired and has never lost the link. It's the new 4.0 version with firmware upgraded to 4.1

why did they retrieve your dive info/make up for possible lost dives?

the black edition no better it does the same thing pissing me off somthing fearce. they sent me a brand new icon and modual went on the first dive on a boat 120 bucks for the 3 dives well I spent the 7 hrs watching everyone else dive even though the night before I had pressure and the battery was full.

I've been using my Icon Net Ready for the last few months and it worked flawlessly for about 100'dives. Then it started giving me the no signal message. I bought a second transmitter (wanted one for a pony bottle anyway). I've put new batteries in both and after a few tries finally got them both paired but I can only get pressure data to show for my pony bottle. This has all just been the last couple of days so I'm still working on it but any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm going to go back to square one and pull both batteries and restart the process in case I goofed somewhere. Just for background my g2 xmitter is on a hose and sits in my right weight pocket and my g1 is on the pony bottle that sits right behind it. I have been wearing my icon on my left wrist. Previously my smitten was one he left side of my first stage so that may be part of the problem. I know the manual suggests having them on the same side. I'm going to try that tomorrow.

second minor issue. I was initially setting the pony tank ups as g2 and then realized I had to switch as the pony will be air and my main tank EAN so the pony has to be g1. I had set the volume for g2 to 13 and g1 to 80. When I swapped them around to g1 13 and g2 80 I can't get them to display properly on the five screen. Both g1 and g2 show 13 cu ft. Not the end of the world but I'd like to have them display properly to avoid confusion as to which tank I have selected.

Don't forget to do a factory reset before starting over.

Back
Top Bottom