This is why I use a real knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Storker

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
close to a Hell which occasionally freezes over
# of dives
100 - 199
..and not one of those DIR-approved steak knives.

22140711005_fd6636ba08_n.jpg

The anglerfish/monkfish tastes reeeal good. Somewhat lobster-like. Pan-frying is recommended. A white wine sauce and wild rice goes well with it. Fava beans are optional.

PS: The picture is of my son. I'm behind the camera.

yea......but how do you clean it......(smile)

Mac-Sub11D-Knife.jpg

I have to agree...if I am spearfishing, my DIR knife is most likely going to be a real spearfishing dagger/kill type knife... Ive used Cressi, Omer and a few other spearfishing brands for this....

Simply a matter of using the correct tool for the job. Even a BFK is inadequate in certain scenarios, like battling the Kraken.

I have been diving heavily since the 1980's..most weeks out of the year, each year...Cert was in 1972.
In all this time, I have NEVER needed a knife to cut myself out of something....I have seen plenty of line on shipwrecks, that a diver not looking, could swim into and get tangled in..... but it just does not seem that easy to get tangled....
In other words, the knife better be good for something OTHER than cutting line :)

yea......but how do you clean it......(smile)

With water. There's quite a bit of it around me when I'm diving.

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom