SeacSub Sherpa opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saku

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi Guys,

I am thinking of purchasing a Seac Sub Sherpa. Does anyone have any experience/opinions or advice?

I would use it mainly on dive holidays - Red Sea, Mediterranean and occasionally in Ireland. Mainly with
5 - 7 mm suits in the future possibly with dry suit.

Thanks,

Seac makes high quality equipment. The Sherpa is a good recreational rig and lightweight at only 4kg. You do mention eventually moving onto a dry suit. With that I would advise you to consider sizing. A recreational BC like a Sherpa may not fit well on both a wet suit and a dry suit with thick undergarments. Now if you are considering a Seac dry suit then fit will likely not be a problem as the WarmDry is a very streamlined suit. A back plate and wing is a more versatile rig and can be much more adjustable than a BC like the Sherpa but based on the type of diving you state you will be doing it may be more than you really need. A back plate and wing will require some adjustment for proper fit and unless you have someone locally that can help you with that I would avoid it. You also need to consider what you have locally for gear servicing. While BCs rarely need any kind of servicing, when they do you want to avoid having to pay expensive international shipping costs to get the service done.

Back
Top Bottom