Scootering hurts my balls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even in a thin wetsuit and with a scooter that has 95# of thrust, I've not had this problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalko

I guess to each there own. I get twice the surface area and pressure distruburion with the 3 piece. Iv used the single with board shorts. Its not like it cant be done. I just find the more surface area = more comfort.

It does sound like my technique is the place to start. I don't get out with the scooter super-often, but I am arming myself with tips from this thread for my next outing (which may not be until later this month). If, after a few dives, I can't seem to get rid of the discomfort by adjusting my body position/existing rig, I'll look at incorporating an alternate harness or something. Until I get this figured out, I'm going to protect the "assets" with an athletic cup.

Whatever you decide to do just change one thing at a time instead of trying multiple things at once and not knowing what it is that corrected it for you.

Regards

Steve

I suffer from fat finger syndrome and a tiny keyboard on an iPhone. So I apologize for the typos and misspellings.

Ive scootered before with the single crotch strap it can bind and yes you can adjust your strap and or Technique.
The rig I tried on at Cave Adventures, Edds modded SMS was very comfortable with the split crotch strap.
If you have the time or connections I would try one out.
I think I liked it better than the other variations I ve tried.

CamG

Well having dived with my new Genesis scooter at top speed for almost an hr, why because I can and I wanted to test this puppy out. I can attest to the single crotch strap being a wee bit uncomfortable, however it was still bearable and useable and I could ride it like that for quite a long time if need be. Was it the most comfortable nope, but it wasn't so uncomfortable that I couldn't do the dive/etc. no that isn't how I normally run a scooter, I normally run it at cruise speeds.

Now hat being said, I decided to give one of these three piece crotch straps a go and it just so happens logic dive is selling a new type of harness system, which I decided to give a try as I liked the form factor of it as it reminds me of a proper harness like I used for years in work.

I'll report back in if I find the three piece crotch strap a big deal or if I decide to switch back to a single
piece crotch strap.

Regards

Steve

:chuckle:

Vagina - Betty White.jpg

Unfortunately the 3-point harness system I got did not work for my torso length/counterlung position requirements for my JJ CCR. Basically what ends up happening is the waist strap ends up around my upper abdomen. If I put the lungs where they are suppose to be and if I drop the bp to make the waist strap in the right spot, the WOB goes to crap as the t-pieces sit to far back on me. Sounds like I need a longer BP, or just stick with a single piece which allows me to angle the waist strap down a little bit. I will say that it is a heck of a well built system that Jon has put together as this did not work for my system.

The result of all this is my dive buddy has gotten a new harness system as he is a short fella and the bp being lower on him doesn't cause an issue with his rebreather. Took me a bit to get him fitted into it as he was worse then a child sitting in the chair at the dentist, but i eventually got him into it and adjusted properly. Unfortunately before we could get out and dive it he ended up with an allergic reaction to some medication/wasp sting and is looking like Quasimodo for the last few days and can barely see due to the swelling. This has resulted in some much needed ribbing from everyone who knows him.

Once I hear back from him on how it is working, I'll let everyone know. For me and a three point harness system after diving 7-10 hours a week on the scooter since the start of October, I can safely say that if a single point crotch strap doesn't bother me now when I do btw 2-3 hours straight on the trigger it never will, although I may try out the other one mentioned just to have an idea.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom