Hollis Explorer Rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does the explorer take pre packed cartriges of sorb, or do you pack it?
Eric

Not sure if they fixed it, but even instructors were having issues with it flooding.

I've never seen one flood and I've never heard of one flooding. It actually is self evacuating through the OPV so any water in the counterlung is purged. It would have to be a pretty serious leak. Even a small leak would not allow it to pass the pre-dive routine.

wait what? If he's diving an SCR which is a fixed FO2 scenario, same as nitrox, why would the computer give a damn whether he is on OC or SCR?

I apologize for getting wrapped up in the CCR mindset. You are correct, any Nitrox comparable dive computer should work as a backup to the Explorer's built in system.

as owner of explorer advice you don,t waste your money as I did by buying explorer

I love my "little" Explorer! I dive the "big" units most but really enjoy taking the Explorer for a ride when I can :)

Back
Top Bottom