Brinyte DIV10 "3000 Lumen" Canister light Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well my first one just died after a few dives.. i got anothrr one cheap, and just decided to open it up trying to improve it, as i kinda liked the design. Changed the reflector and stuff like that.. but since everything was glued together it was just a pain to work with so i scraped the whole project.

Clear story. So basically there is nothing I can do besides spending more money and buying a reliable light instead of a "cheap" Chinese light on eBay...

Clear story. So basically there is nothing I can do besides spending more money and buying a reliable light instead of a "cheap" Chinese light on eBay...
You could try.. But i have dropped the "cheap china" lights and diy lights after a few years of trials and errors... So going for a well know brand now, suitable for tech diving and murky waters. :)

You could try.. But i have dropped the "cheap china" lights and diy lights after a few years of trials and errors... So going for a well know brand now, suitable for tech diving and murky waters. :)

Which light do you have now

Which light do you have now
Still waiting for it. But I'm gonna try out a Tillytec led canister light now.. i will have the opportunity to test it before paying for it... if i don't like it i think i will get a Halcyon HID when my wallet say OK..
But what i really would like is the new Halcyon focus led! To bad it's abit to pricy for me at the moment.
Other possible choises would be something like a Salvo/lightmonkey HID... but... there is a few good underwater led light producers out there tho.. for example "underwater light dude".. thy understand how a light should be built reliable, and with good optics suitable for dark/murky waters and tech diving.

I was wondering after 1+ year how is everybody' s light is holding? No problems here
No problems with mine. I bought mine from Brinyte direct. I had initial problems with the batteries, but turned out it was the chargers that were bad. Mine came with both batteries and charger from Brinyte.

---------- Post added September 14th, 2015 at 03:55 PM ----------

I bought this light in Janyary on Ebay ($160 at that time) and used it for 6 dives since then. Now the light doesn't work anymore as it should be. When I close the battery compartment, the light stays on (without having touched the button). Pressing the button a few times turns off the lamp. After it is off, there is no way I can turn it on again. I have to unscrew the battery compartment and close it again to turn it on :S. I cannot use it as it is now... I contacted the seller on Ebay. He says the warranty is already passed (only 3 months :(). I can only get a refund of 20 dollars... Does anybody have experience how to open the lamp and get to the electronics? Are the electronics in the lamp part or in the battery part? Do you think you can close it afterwards and make it leaktight again?
Try contacting brinyte. They have a warranty on their lights, I think within first 2 years parts & labour are free. After that you just pay for parts, labour is free. I think you have to pay shipping to China and back.

No problems with mine. I bought mine from Brinyte direct. I had initial problems with the batteries, but turned out it was the chargers that were bad. Mine came with both batteries and charger from Brinyte.

---------- Post added September 14th, 2015 at 03:55 PM ----------

Try contacting brinyte. They have a warranty on their lights, I think within first 2 years parts & labour are free. After that you just pay for parts, labour is free. I think you have to pay shipping to China and back.

Thank you for this advice. Contacted them and had some quick mail communication. I will send the light back to them and they will try to repair it. Good service! Sending it back to China is indeed a bit expensive (35 euro's). Still cheaper then a new light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom