Video Review: 10000lm Photography Light - Scubalamp PV102

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBAlamp

Registered
Reaction score
Dear all,

After talking with some cutomers, we developed a 10000lm photo/ video light underwater, and this light has been launched last month, now i'm going to share with you here, hope you like it, and always like to listen to you.

Just received a review for our scubalamp PV102 Photography light: https://youtu.be/ZBXz1GGz78Q.

Specification
• CREE 16*XM-L2 + 5*XPE red +5*UV LED with a lifespan of up to 50,000 hours
• Six lighting modes: High/ Medium/ Low/ UV/ Red/ Mixed
• Working Voltage: 2.7V - 4.5V
• Compatible Battery: 7*18650 batteries pack
• Runtime: 1.6h at max. brightness, 4hrs at middle brightness, 8hrs at low brightness.
• Body colour: Black
• Lens: Toughened ultra-clear glass
• Dimensions: 152mm (Length) x 63mm (Body) x 66.5mm (Head)
• Net weight: 935g (with battery in air) 590g (with battery in sea)

Features
• Utilizes 16*XM-L2 LEDs, 5*XPE red LED, 5*UV LED, Super Bright 10000 lumens
• Can withstand a max. pressure of 20PA and is waterproof to 100 metres, the Max. diving depth is 100 metres in seawater
• 110° angle light beam for wide area illumination
• Professional photographic light especially improve photographic quality
• The PV102 includes five red LEDs for enhanced underwater colour distinction at depth, while the UV light gives a transparent
appearance to aquatic creatures

• High-grade aviation aluminum alloy with type III hard anodization for corrosion resistance in seawater
• Specially designed power indicator function- if battery has above 30% charge, the power indicator around the side switch will
be green. If the battery power drops below 30%, the indicator will turn red

• 4mm toughened ultra-clear glass with diamond coating for superior strength and waterproof performance even under
high compression

• Patented side switch for non-visual, one-handed touch operation
• Special internal recycle conductive structure for improved safety
• 7*18650 batteries pack are applicable

The PV102 is currently available at $988 which including lanyard, spare o-ring, ball joint and user manual.

Should you any further questions, please feel free to let me know, and thank you for your kind attention!

Yours sincerely,
Vivian

85955327f6_zpseyiccpex.jpg

Last edited:
Your specs don't indicate how long the batteries would last on full power and how long it takes to charge them.

Appreciated for your remind, i've added the runtime to the content, it will last 1.6h on full power. We could use mobile USB cable to recharge the battery pack which is very convenient. And some divers would like to order a spare battery pack. Best regards, Vivian

Appreciated for your remind, i've added the runtime to the content, it will last 1.6h on full power. We could use mobile USB cable to recharge the battery pack which is very convenient. And some divers would like to order a spare battery pack. Best regards, Vivian

How long does it take to fully charge the battery?

price? and no video of the UV feature?

Thank you for your asking, dear pinshootr, PM sent, please check. The wavelength of our UV LED is 385nm, you will see the colorful and lovely underwater friends when you watching the video. :) Best regards, Vivian

---------- Post added November 5th, 2015 at 06:13 PM ----------

How long does it take to fully charge the battery?

Dear BurhanMuntasser, it takes about 10 hours when the charger current is about 2 amps. Thank you! :) Best regards, Vivian

price?

(edit - I see $1k +/- on AliXXXXX)

Last edited:
What is the beam angel? This would make a good video light for sure. For still photo, it is not nearly as powerful enough. A strobe will still be a better choice.

As for Lumen, battery, run time, I think it is a bit on the optimistic side, but not too far from reality. Much better than other Chinese made light that made unreasonable claimed spec.

PM sent, dear rhwestfall, thank you for your message.. :) Best regards, Vivian

---------- Post added November 6th, 2015 at 03:51 PM ----------

What is the beam angel? This would make a good video light for sure. For still photo, it is not nearly as powerful enough. A strobe will still be a better choice.

As for Lumen, battery, run time, I think it is a bit on the optimistic side, but not too far from reality. Much better than other Chinese made light that made unreasonable claimed spec.

Dear eelnoraa, the beam angle is 110°. my friend, you could have a try, because the feedback from our German distributor is that the light is very strong, and glad that we set 3 brightness levels. We have another Photography Light - PV62, this light is 6500lm, but it has a function of infinite variable brightness, that is to say, you could control the brightness from 100% - 30% - 100% freely. We designed some strobe function before, but it seems that few people like strobe function? We are not sure, but if customers have this kind of demand, we will consider and develop some. We'll keep developing, step by step, to meet your requirements. Always hope to hear from all of you. :) Cheers, Vivian

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom