Two weeks (Anilao/Puerto Galera) in Nov. Suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pillpusher

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Prepping for my upcoming trip, leaving the states on Nov 4th. 7 nights in Anilao at Acacia diving with Dennis/Anilao Critters, then 7 nights in PG with Action Divers staying at Out of the Blue.

Any suggestions on do's and don't's from those in the know? Water temp lately? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Expect to have some awesome dives!Don't miss Verde Island. See which operator is putting together a group and take a day to go over there (two dives, usually?).I am sure you have already planned to be back in Manila the day before your flight. Because you are doing PG the second week, keep track of the weather. If it looks like it might get bad enough that boats will cancel their crossings, flee early.

FT:
Expect to have some awesome dives!Don't miss Verde Island. See which operator is putting together a group and take a day to go over there (two dives, usually?).I am sure you have already planned to be back in Manila the day before your flight. Because you are doing PG the second week, keep track of the weather. If it looks like it might get bad enough that boats will cancel their crossings, flee early.

I'm not sure if Action Divers goes there, but I'm definitely hoping to get out that way. And yes, my flight out of MAN is in the morning, so I'm overnighting near the airport.

I'm not sure if Action Divers goes there, but I'm definitely hoping to get out that way. And yes, my flight out of MAN is in the morning, so I'm overnighting near the airport.
They will go as long as:
1. Weather permitted.
2. There is request from guest or you can arrange the boat through them. Expect to pay just over US$100.00 for the transport.

You will enjoy the macro in Anilao.
The best action in PG is Canyons(with mild current). And if you like corals then the shallow area from Sabang Point to Monkey Beach and beyond is very beautiful.

Have a nice one.

They will go as long as:
1. Weather permitted.
2. There is request from guest or you can arrange the boat through them. Expect to pay just over US$100.00 for the transport.

You will enjoy the macro in Anilao.
The best action in PG is Canyons(with mild current). And if you like corals then the shallow area from Sabang Point to Monkey Beach and beyond is very beautiful.

Have a nice one.

Thanks. Verde Island worth it?

Thanks. Verde Island worth it?
I have been there on many occasions therefore I won't pay $100.00 for the transport. But I will go if there are others to share the cost.
What did Tina Turner say?
"Simply the best"

this might not be timely enough, but Verde island is definitely worth it. I just finished 8 days of diving with Marco Vincent based on Puerto Galera, Verde Island were 2 of the better dives that week, maybe the best of the trip. The fish are plentiful, the reef is in great shape. The only concern is, the current can be very strong. We did 2 dives on the island, on each side of the island. The second dive was a fast drift dive, taking us from one side to the other side of the island. We had to pay attention at the end of the reef to make the corner, of wind up in the open water. We did well, but this dive can be very tough for new divers. The DM's can adjust the dives according to diver abilities.

Hope you have a great time Tom

this might not be timely enough, but Verde island is definitely worth it. I just finished 8 days of diving with Marco Vincent based on Puerto Galera, Verde Island were 2 of the better dives that week, maybe the best of the trip. The fish are plentiful, the reef is in great shape. The only concern is, the current can be very strong. We did 2 dives on the island, on each side of the island. The second dive was a fast drift dive, taking us from one side to the other side of the island. We had to pay attention at the end of the reef to make the corner, of wind up in the open water. We did well, but this dive can be very tough for new divers. The DM's can adjust the dives according to diver abilities.

Hope you have a great time Tom

Thanks! I'm still in Anilao for a couple of days before I transfer over to PG. Seen some amazing stuff so far! I'll definitely try to make my way to Verde.

I dove with Action Divers two years ago and had a great time. One thing I'd be prepared for is that most places do not accept traveler's checks and I think Visa was the only bank card accepted in Sabang. If it hadn't been for the willingness of a couple I just met diving with Action Divers, I might still be washing dishes in Sabang. They loaned me enough to pay my bills and I repaid them when we all got back to Manila.

I dove with Action Divers two years ago and had a great time. One thing I'd be prepared for is that most places do not accept traveler's checks and I think Visa was the only bank card accepted in Sabang. If it hadn't been for the willingness of a couple I just met diving with Action Divers, I might still be washing dishes in Sabang. They loaned me enough to pay my bills and I repaid them when we all got back to Manila.

Really? That's odd. The only CC I have on me is a MasterCard, but I have the digits to a Visa on me as well if need be. Thanks for the heads up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom