What camera fits this housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

francousteau

Contributor
Reaction score
Last February while diving in St Croix my housing flooded and destroyed my camera. Now almost 1yr later I can't remember exactly what camera I had in there. I think it was a Canon Powershot, although some housing buttons didn't line up correctly. I asked Ikelite and they said w/o the S/N they couldn't tell me what type fits it. I looked with a magnifying glass & can't find a #. So I'm putting it out here in case someone has an idea or has a housing like it and can tell me which camera to put in it.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20150903_171123_resized.jpg
    20150903_171123_resized.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 152
Best bet: find some images from the camera and check the exif data for the camera make and model.

Funny that Ikelite doesn't add serial number OR product code to every housing....

Checking the exif metadata was a great tip. I'm surprised someone at Ike couldn't ID the housing from pics. You could also look through the models as the Ike website - they show front and back images going back several years, and button/control configuration should narrow down the choices quite a bit. Google Images would be a good bet for reviewing the camera options, might jog your memory.

Aha!!! You guys are awesome!! I looked at the property details of a pic I had taken and saw the camera model was a Canon PowerShot SD630.

Thanks a bunch!!!

Glad that worked...good luck finding another one of those!

Last February while diving in St Croix my housing flooded and destroyed my camera. Now almost 1yr later I can't remember exactly what camera I had in there. I think it was a Canon Powershot, although some housing buttons didn't line up correctly. I asked Ikelite and they said w/o the S/N they couldn't tell me what type fits it. I looked with a magnifying glass & can't find a #. So I'm putting it out here in case someone has an idea or has a housing like it and can tell me which camera to put in it.
Thanks
This is why I'm not a fan of taking expensive cameras underwater. You can take great pics with $50-$100 used cameras and then you can afford to buy two so you always have a backup to remind you of which replacement to buy, or in case you want to go diving again soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom