Scubapro AIR 1 Exploded Schematic View

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the reply, Tbar, but I was looking for a schematic for the A.I.R. 1 regulator, not the A.I.R. 2 Gen 1 BC inflation device. I did get a good A.I.R. 1 schematic copy and an annotated Scubapro O-ring chart from another diver. I also have an 8-page set of instructions for the reg from another diver. My original request has been fulfilled.

TJ Moran

With the data I received, and what I could learn from all the experts and helpful posts, I made some tools; disassembled both AIR 1's; inspected and cleaned the internals; and reassembled/tuned them. Both check out OK, and are ready to go. First stages are MK 10's. Plan to dive them this weekend (with my trusty G250 as a back-up) over at the channel islands. I also made a couple of the p/n 11-126-130 "regulator storage keys" that engage in the purge button slot and depress the back-up-disk/diaphragm to lift the poppet off the orifice and relieve the so-called "engraving" of the poppet seat. If I don't kill myself, and all goes well on this coming Sunday, next week I'll post how they performed .

TJ Moran

With the data I received, and what I could learn from all the experts and helpful posts, I made some tools; disassembled both AIR 1's; inspected and cleaned the internals; and reassembled/tuned them. Both check out OK, and are ready to go. First stages are MK 10's. Plan to dive them this weekend (with my trusty G250 as a back-up) over at the channel islands. I also made a couple of the p/n 11-126-130 "regulator storage keys" that engage in the purge button slot and depress the back-up-disk/diaphragm to lift the poppet off the orifice and relieve the so-called "engraving" of the poppet seat. If I don't kill myself, and all goes well on this coming Sunday, next week I'll post how they performed .

TJ Moran

I do store my 109/156 with purge depressors, but I avoid using them on my converted pilots (metal Air1s). The valve of the Air1 is the same as the D-series which does not incorporate a storage relief for that valve. With the difficulty of finding replacement diaphragms/exhaust valves for the Air1, I would avoid any additional stress on that part. The light spring in the coaxial valve design makes it pretty unnecessary. I suspect Scubapro included the key in the Air1 design as a carry-over from the 109 design (very strong spring) and determined it was unnecessary by the time they introduced the D-series.

Made 3 dives with my daughter on the back-side of Anacapa Island yesterday. Alternately used the AIR 1 and the G250 to see how they compared. Both seemed to breathe about the same. The AIR 1 was different (mostly, I think, because I am less familiar with it.) I'll probably set it up as my primary for a while and see how I like it over time.

Again, thanks to all who supported with info, helpful posts on SB, etc.

TJ Moran

subscribing.... I too need a schematic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom