Forgot license... What to do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you've spotted a gap in the market and someone should create an online resource for divers to store all their certifications.

:shakehead:

Already did. Google drive, Dropbox, Microsoft has a version, Yahoo has cloud storage, plus a multitude of photo sharing sites.

Interestingly, I tried this link. According to it, I have DSD, basic Nitrox and Rescue. Doesn't show OW or AOW, even though you couldn't possibly do Rescue without them.

The PADI system treats "first name last name" searches different than "first name middle initial last name" searches. It's very possible that some of your certs will appear when you enter only first & last name, and the others appear when you also enter your middle initial.

And on rare occasion they will have your birthdate backwards. My b-day is Feb 7, but one of my certs was entered with a b-day of July 2.

Check all options, you'll find your certs.

---------- Post added September 4th, 2015 at 11:24 PM ----------

It's a spelling issue. My middle initial is on some of the cards, not on others.
This tells me, basically, that they're using crap software, since it allows a certification to be registered (Rescue) without the same account showing the OW and AOW certifications.
And that the software isn't smart enough to parse "close enough" and offer them all up.

You apparently don't understand the prerequisites to PADI's Rescue class. AOW is not a pre-req, despite what many people believe. Training beyond OW is a pre-req, and most people just take AOW before Rescue, but technically AOW is not required to take Rescue.

And PADI OW is not even a pre-req for PADI Rescue. The pre-req for PADI's Rescue course could be met by equivalent training through another agency. It's fairly common that a student has the necessary pre-req training through another agency and then takes the PADI Rescue course.

Assuming PADI does not have record of every course taken by everyone through every agency... how do you suggest they change their "crap software" to account for this person taking their first PADI class?

I can tell you how they do it now, and it works well. It has nothing to do with the software. They rely on the individual instructors to verify each student meets the qualification to take a course.

However, when PADI decides this system needs improvement I will be sure to suggest they consult you.

Thank you JohnN,

I did add your link about PADI replacement card process on https://www.ifdi.info/Divers.php
It's a good tip to know. Thanks.

Beside the organization already mentionned (NASE, NAUI, PADI, SSI, TDI/SDI & IFDI), is there some of you who knows some other diving organization which allows the divers to check by themselves their records in the database of the organization?

it hasn't been mentioned but you can download the "PADI" app. it has a feature that stores your proof of certifications. they call them "eCARDS".
I'm not sure about how readily dive operations accept them (i haven't had to use them yet) but the app keeps them on my phone and tablet.

I have gotten into the habit of taking pictures of my cert cards on my phone and keeping them. That was you can always show them, get the info off them, or email them if you need a copy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom