Dive Rite O2 Deco regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Searcaigh

Seahorse Wrangler
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Last edited:
It looks to just be an unbalanced 1st stage with an adjustable 2nd stage. In fact the 1st stage looks to be identical to my drysuit inflation regulator. Most O2 Deco regs are very simple, being they are used at shallow depths. I have a Hollis O2 deco reg. I go it for the same reasons,... it is totally different in shape, feel & color from my other Scubapro regulators. I also clip off the 2nd stage so that I must consciously unclip the 2nd stage before using, for additional verification of the gas I am getting onto.

it works just fine, no reason not to get it. It's nice and tiny. I have a balanced version of the same reg and it's nice but it's a lot bigger. If you can get a good deal on them I'd go for it.

Been using them on my O2 stages for about a year now and they work great.

I have one. Works as it should, no complaints.

Thanks everyone for your feedback, will be trying one out this coming weekend.

I expect the reg works fine. I actually bought a Hog O2 reg set up from DRiS and didn't go with the DiveRite because it states that it shouldn't be used below 50ft and I wanted a reg that I could use on a bottle of 50%. I am sure the DiveRite reg would work fine at 70ft, but I decided to pay a little bit more to get a reg that I knew could be used at 70ft. The Hog O2 reg is their standard D1, witch mean if I wanted to I could use the O2 reg as a normal doubles regulator.

Just an update on this, both me and my photo buddy Kerstin bought a pair of these regs and they breath just as they should.

Mine will be used solely on my S40 for 100% O2, so unlikely to be used any deeper than 6M. At least is looks different from my other regs so there should be no error in identifying the reg either.

put a label on the bottom of 2nd stage and on the tank and then trace it to the correct 2nd - you'll never mix it up. I wouldn't go by looks alone honestly. I remember reading a really good article on why you don't go by looks but I can't seem to find it :( anyway - that's why I don't worry about if it is different or not. Have fun. I have a Hog o2 reg set that is green - similar to your dive rite. It works amazingly.

Back
Top Bottom