Mayan Princess Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorCalDM

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all just looking for some input on the Mayan Princess Resort. This is our first trip to Roatan and we are booked at the Mayan Princess and was wondering if any of you have stayed there and what you thought of the resort and it's dive operations. Thanks in advance for any input.

Hi all just looking for some input on the Mayan Princess Resort. This is our first trip to Roatan and we are booked at the Mayan Princess and was wondering if any of you have stayed there and what you thought of the resort and it's dive operations. Thanks in advance for any input.
We stayed there for week in December 2012. I have not been back since, but I would return in a heat beat.

The room was clean and comfortable. It had a a sitting room and kitchenette. There was plenty of hot water water, no noise issues. The food was good, not gourmet, but I could always find an option that I liked at meal times. The staff were super friendly and eager to please. The West End restaurants we visited for several dinners were economical. I usually chose fish and was never disappointed.

The onsite dive shop had a large rinse tank and a secure locked enclosure for drying and storing gear. Their dive boats were spacious and comfortable with room for 10-12 people. I cannot remember how may boats they had. The dive op was excellent in 2012, but I cannot say if the same people are still there there today. The diving itself was excellent with, good vis, calm water, nice reef, nice walls, a great wreck, and lots of stuff to photograph.

The beach was awesome, and there was a cheap regularly scheduled boat taxi you could take to West End. Taxis were not too expensive either.
I think you will find the Mayan Princess a good choice for your introduction to Roatan diving.

Have stayed there a few times, always enjoyed it, enjoyed the location, enjoyed Mayan Divers, but you're also located within walking distance of some other great dive outfits too.

Back
Top Bottom