West Palm Beach 11/27/15 to 12/6/15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking forward to today's report :)
Today's report is rain!

But thankful the day started sunny and warm. Captain's plan was to head south today. I was hoping that meant Paul's and Hourseshoe but it was Bath and Tennis then Breakers. Really nice dives but vis was down to about 50 feet. Large schools of fish, eels, a huge loggerhead turtle and all the other usual suspects. Lots of soft coral. Depth about 50 feet both times. Second dive I surfaced to a squall. Fortunately it was over by the time we hit the dock but now the rain is back and here to stay. :(

Well...glad you got the dives in before it hit. Now go out and eat some good food! :)
We rent a house so mostly cook in. Despite the rain, tonight its Jack Daniels marinate flank steak on the grill, baked potatoes, stirfry zucchni and Cheesecake Factory chessecake for dessert!

What a day! Got a break in the rain. Not that it matters diving but helpful on the boat. And for finding drift divers. :)

Only a few hunters, more tourists, and the seas were like pool water when we left the dock so Captain Van headed to Paul's and Horseshoe. Dive depths 50 to 60 again. I think my average depth on Horseshoe was 46 feet. Vis about 60 again. Two more beautiful reefs. Lots of eels, rays and lobsters. Impromptu team effort with local diver to pull some especially stubborn bugs from their holes. Thanks Greg! BTW. I learned that lobsters really can bite.

image.jpg

Saw my first SM boat diver today. Had a UTD system. Dove AL 80's. Splashed and climbed the ladder with them clipped on.

And the largest fish I have seen speared, a 51 pound cubera. I would have loved to see the hunters in action. It took two of them to bring him in. Both spearos got bent shafts for their trouble but they weren't complaining...much. They also had a nice cobia.

So much fun!

Uncfmp;
I am glad you got some diving in.
It has been lousy off and on (mostly on) for several weeks.
It will EXPLODE this weekend.

Chug
Dying of seawater dehydration.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reports! That looks like a pretty good owwie. I am so jealous you are there and I am stuck here in the cold midwest. I am counting the days till I head down there (25) they seem to be going by slower and slower...lol

Uncfnp;
I am glad you got some diving in.
It has been lousy off and on (mostly on) for several weeks.
It will EXPLODE this weekend.

Chug
Dying of seawater dehydration.
Thanks Chug. We were very lucky with the weather despite the rocky start. I feel very fortunate. Hope you can get a saltwater fix real soon.

Yep. Heard the weekend marine forecast. Our plan was 2 boat dives then the bridge Saturday to finish up our dives then head home Sunday but we might just end a day early and head back Saturday.

Thanks for the reports! That looks like a pretty good owwie. I am so jealous you are there and I am stuck here in the cold midwest. I am counting the days till I head down there (25) they seem to be going by slower and slower...lol
Thanks. He riped a layer of skin off right through the glove but guess which one of us was dinner!

I saw that you are headed to Ft Lauderdale this month. Good luck with your dives and your class!

Hi uncfnp, glad you did well on your visit. I was down 11/13-22 and got in just 13 dives in Boynton Beach and Jupiter, missed 4 days altogether

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom