Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone know how the water has been looking in Monterey? Will be diving within the Monterey Bay. I plan on spending the weekend there and would like to know if I should bring some additional gear.

Thanks
O.

It was wonderful last weekend, but the wave model looks horrible through next weekend. You might want to keep an eye on the web cams.

Anyone know how the water has been looking in Monterey? Will be diving within the Monterey Bay. I plan on spending the weekend there and would like to know if I should bring some additional gear.

Thanks
O.

You can never tell until you go look... But the model looks awful through the weekend.
It dose tend to be a little pessimistic though
http://cdip.ucsd.edu/model_images/l...erey_Bay_Swell_Forecast-Hs-u1-PST-summary.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current model looks positively AWFUL... Too bad I was really looking forward to diving this weekend - so if it turns out that it was great conditions please don't tell me ;-D

Current model looks positively AWFUL... Too bad I was really looking forward to diving this weekend - so if it turns out that it was great conditions please don't tell me ;-D

Last night's Aquarius FB post said the breakwater was unaffected, FWIW.

Vis looks like it would be zero. I'm really having dive withdrawls but I guess I will wait until next week.

And of course, I made Lobos reservations last month for this weekend. 3 of my last 4 reservations have been blown out like this. OK, who cursed me this year!?

Lobos was closed to the public today due to the swell. Around 20ft at 15 seconds last I looked. They will probably be closed tomorrow. I'll keep you posted, Marcus. Perhaps they will credit you your fees due to the closure? Worth a look.

Here is the CDIP link for those who are curious.

http://cdip.ucsd.edu/model_images/l...erey_Bay_Swell_Forecast-Hs-u1-PDT-summary.png

---------- Post added December 12th, 2015 at 12:26 PM ----------

Lobos is indeed closed again today, Sat. Dec 12, and maybe tomorrow, I was told. Don't know if you've cancelled your Rez or not, Marcus. If not, I hope you get credit for your fees if you choose to look into it. Hope this helps ✌️

Back
Top Bottom