Ft.Lauderdale trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edwants2dive

Glowstick
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am coming to the area the week between Christmas and New years (assuming I don't get snowed in here). I would love to meet some of the SB crew that are in the area. I will be doing my AOW cert during the days but would be glad to meet up for drinks somewhere. Also I have no plans foe NYE not sure what to do.

where in Ft Lauderdale.....and who are you diving with for your AOW?

Last edited:
I am staying at the Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Cypress Creek. I have scheduled the class with South Florida Diving Headquarters.

sounds good...they are a popular outfit.......keep us informed.

What boat will you be doing your open water with? Currently organizing a trip out of Ft Lauderdale diving Key West and Grand Cayman Dec 26 rtn Dec 31 try going to the south florida divers inc web site for hookups. sfdi.com

What boat will you be doing your open water with? Currently organizing a trip out of Ft Lauderdale diving Key West and Grand Cayman Dec 26 rtn Dec 31 try going to the south florida divers inc web site for hookups. sfdi.com
Wish I could go but I have to work Monday Dec 28

---------- Post added November 24th, 2015 at 03:44 PM ----------

Here is what they have me scheduled for to Do the AOW. The afternoon dive on Jan 1 is not part of my AOW I just added it to get another dive in. I would love to do a dive Saturday morning before I head home. I have seen a lot of talk about Blue Heron Bridge if anybody would want to do it with me that Saturday morning.

Date/Time Location Dive Dive Boat
Wednesday, December 30, 2015 - 1:30PM EST Hillsboro Inlet Nursery (dive & snorkel) Aqua View
Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 9:00AM EST Hillsboro Inlet Wreck Trek (Lauderdale) Safari Diver
Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 1:30PM EST Hillsboro Inlet Crab Cove Safari Diver
Friday, January 01, 2016 - 9:00AM EST Hillsboro Inlet Abbey Too Reef Safari Diver
Friday, January 01, 2016 - 1:30PM EST Hillsboro Inlet Mark's Ledge Safari Diver

It might not be worth it to drive up there on Jan 2 for the morning, high tide won't be until the afternoon that day. I might be able to go Fri afternoon, have to check with GF. :)

It would appear that I will be taking vacation between Xmas and NY's.
I will certainly be doing some diving, weather permitting.
some boat dives as well as some shore dives.
And I am a sucker for local breweries.
So.....
Let us talk with one another as we get closer to the week in question.
A day trip to the Keys is not out of the question for me.

Chug
Only knows a little bit of Greek.

I'll be coming in from Kentucky the morning of the 1st, trying to get out on a boat that day. I would love to do BHB but yeah, high tide looks like late afternoon on the 2nd, not sure we can fit that in. Keep me informed if you're able to do BHB on Saturday!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom