DC1400 pics from the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pillpusher

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Thought I'd share a few of shots I got earlier this month in the Philippines (Anilao and Puerto Galera) with the DC1400 and SeaDragon strobes. While I still get good pics with this camera, it's now been over four years with no successor to the DC1400, and I've been getting that upgrade itch for a while now. There are a lot of great compact systems out there now (my itch now has me looking), so hopefully SeaLife has plans to continue and improve upon their line of products soon.

Scubaboard has now made it a pain to post pictures to the forum, so here's a link to some of highlights:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pillpusher75/

Those are beautiful photos! I'm an old photographer but a new diver, and while I look forward to eventually getting a housing for my DSLR, I thought simple was best for now. I've ordered a Micro 2.0 and a set of 2500 lights, and I'm looking forward to it coming in.

Thanks for sharing the photo link!

These are stunning!

After a four year hiatus, I'm hopefully going diving in Florida next month. But for the life of me, I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong with my DC1200 to get only blurry pictures?! Even in my kitchen, plenty of light, still subject, I cannot get a focused picture out of this darn camera! I've tried all the different modes and nothing seems to help.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the link; those are incredible pictures!

very nice......keep up the good work...thanks for sharing.

These are stunning!

After a four year hiatus, I'm hopefully going diving in Florida next month. But for the life of me, I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong with my DC1200 to get only blurry pictures?! Even in my kitchen, plenty of light, still subject, I cannot get a focused picture out of this darn camera! I've tried all the different modes and nothing seems to help.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the link; those are incredible pictures!

Thanks! As you mentioned in the other thread, it sounds like it was likely due to the "quick shot" being turned on. As far as the image stabalization is concerned, just be aware that it seems to be a significant drain on the battery. So, if you plan on using the camera on more that one dive without changing batteries, I would try going without it. The quick shot setting was likely the main culprit.

Those are some spectacular photos. Wow! I especially enjoyed them as I've been to Puerto Galera and seen many of those creatures. I've also probably missed more than I've seen. Terrific macro.

Those are some spectacular photos. Wow! I especially enjoyed them as I've been to Puerto Galera and seen many of those creatures. I've also probably missed more than I've seen. Terrific macro.

Thanks! If you're ever in that area again, be sure to spend some time across the bay in Anilao. The macro there blew PG out of the water.

Back
Top Bottom