Anyone have experience with Scubaforce Arctic X9 undergarments?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

webcubus

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My LDS is having a sale on them and I can't seem to find any reviews. They sell Aqualung drysuits, so I'm definitely going to contact them to see how the X9 stacks up to the Thermal Fusion.

Here's the link to the product page: ARCTIC X-NINE
Here's the link to the summary of my LDS: Thenar Dry Gloves and X-nine | East Coast Divers

It's not that I don't trust them, I'd just like a review from someone who isn't trying to sell me one!

Swung by the LDS and chatted with them about these undergarments. He said they were pretty similar to the Halo 3D, which is what he dives. Like the Halo, they're quite thin and flexible, but are still very warm. They're also significantly cheaper than the Halo 3D ($480 vs. $620). I asked about how they compare to the Thermal Fusion, which are about the same price and he said there was no comparison. In his experience, the Thermal Fusions tended to compress in the water and lose some of their insulation, while the X9 doesn't. He mentioned that if he can get a good deal on them, he may swap out the Thermal Fusions in their rental department. They didn't have many sizes in stock atm, but he said ordering one would be no problem and we could swap sizes if it doesn't fit.

The current sale they're running is 20% off the UG or 30% off if you buy the UG and the dry gloves (which I very well might). For under $400, these UG sound like an excellent buy. If you're in the Boston area and in the market for some undergarments, the sale runs until Christmas.

Looked at the link you provided and you can tell that it is based on the halo, probably made in the same factory as the halo and i would expect the same materials. as i writing this i read the last sentence in your post. is this a question to the forum or advertising?

It started as a question and then I figured I'd share the results of my research since I got no responses and the internet has very little information on this product.

I'm not affiliated with East Coast Divers in any way, just sharing what I believe to be a good deal.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I ended up picking these up during that sale and I've got about 10 dives on them. They're super comfy. I did a 35 minute dive in May in 45 degree water and I was nice and warm. My only complaints are that the stirrups are quite loose and there's no thumb loops, which would be especially handy for venting to the dry gloves. I just ended up wearing underarmour as my base layer and pulling a little bit of that through the seal to vent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom