Weezle undersuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

> What's your definition of "cold water"?

We did 2 dives last Saturday: water 4 dec C, air 1 dec C and not much ice or snow

>>
If you sweat, if the suit burps, if you need to decrease the bubble size, it fails very quickly

Sorry, I have noticed that

>>>
The Weezle expands to fill all the space left in the suit, so any time you add air it can add loft and warmth. At the same it crushes down in size amazingly much, like a down sleeping bag does, so it is still soft and comfortable even when you virtually vacume pack yourself... the Weezle is also exceptionally good at transferring moisture to the outside surface of the suit.

I could agree with that

>>>>
I've never tried fourth element

Me neither

I am not selling anything so no need to push
anything.

Next dive tomorrow, have a nice day.

TK

We did 2 dives last Saturday: water 4 dec C, air 1 dec C and not much ice or snow

Cool (pun not intended). That means we have quite similar definitions of "cold water". I had to ask, there are some people here who think that sub-15C is cold :D

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

I take it this shop also sells Weezle?

:D

Yeah, they only carry the kind of stuff they use themselves. The idea seems to be to import slightly lots of what they themselves use and offer it to others as well. I suspect the business may have started almost by accident. Build a better mousetrap...

---------- Post added December 21st, 2015 at 10:29 PM ----------

Storker you dive where they have clubs and other NFP dive groups; don't you know someone that would loan you their suit to see if you like it? I would think that at least for the price of a pizza someone would be willing.

Storker you dive where they have clubs and other NFP dive groups; don't you know someone that would loan you their suit to see if you like it? I would think that at least for the price of a pizza someone would be willing.

Good idea. However, of all the guys I've seen in their underwear*), only one had a Weezle. It was pretty old - the grey/white model - and worn and the bloke is definitely not the same size as I am.

*) diving undergarments, that is :D

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

Quite like the one I have. Decent warmth even when damp. BUT you do have to add enough air to the suit to loft it. This has obvious bouyancy ramifications.

I used my Weezle Extreme for 6 dives in Antarctica at water temps between 33 and 29.

Last edited:
I used my Weezle Extreme for 6 dives in Antarctica at water temps between 33 and 29.

And the verdict was...?

---------- Post added December 22nd, 2015 at 02:16 PM ----------

Well, I went down to the LDS today and tried the suit on. It was really comfy, snug fitting everywhere, no binding. Except torso lenght. It was just a little too short, so when I stretched my hands over my head or tried to reach my shoulder blades it got a bit too curious about the deeper recesses of my crotch. Which is exactly the one real problem I have with my current. Undersuit, that is. So since the LDS didn't have the size with the longer back I saved the money. If I could have gotten it in the long torso size, I probably would have been willing to buy it to test it out.

BTW, they told me the Weezles are known to vent a bit slow due to their outer fabric. I could live with that; my current undersuit vents a bit slowly, too.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep looking for a good offer for something that works well and fits me. Because right now a 4th Element is quite a bit outside my budget. Even the Weezle at full price is.

Last edited:
I have a Fusion and a Bare drysuit with no venting
issues at all, but you do need air to keep it warm. Once I'm down I strictly use my drysuit for buoyancy so that's not an issue. Water here is anywhere from 45-48C at depth and anywhere from 32-70 on surface depending on the season, I use my Weezle year round for 60-90 min dives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does a Weezle cost in your area, translated to euros?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom