Safari/Diving Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingNole

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looks like I will have some time off in January, I'm thinking of combining a safari/dive trip. Was thinking about Tanzania, doing Serengeti/Zanzibar or Mafia Island. Will be traveling as solo female so security would be concern and concerned about the security situation post-election in Tanzania. I'm open to other suggestions if anyone has some from the diving side, along with any lodging and dive shop suggestions for the locations. Likely will have about 2 1/2 weeks for the trip to split between safari & diving.

I'm AOW and have about 180 logged dives, so fairly comfortable. Never been in truly ripping currents although the currents in Cozumel and Saba does make some dives interesting. Thanks in advance!

I'll report back after our December 4-20 trip to Tanzania. My daughter and I are doing the northern circuit of the Serengeti for 8 days and then diving for 6. We book via Roy Safaris on recommendations for others staying in camps mostly for the safari part.

We stayed at Pole Pole on Mafia Island and were diving in the marine park with Big Blu. It was a terrific experience. A suggestion for Safari would be Ndutu instead so Serengeti as the migration is already south of Serengeti.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom