IRDA for Windows 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zf2nt

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
After my hard drive crashed, I had to get a new computer. These days, that means it has to be Windows 10. I managed to recover my log files for my Galileo Sol/SmartTrak, but was surprised to learn my IRDA doesn't work on Windows 10. (See Windows 10 Pro: USB IrDA adapter driver installation failed - Microsoft Community) In fact, I have a sneaking hunch that NO IRDA's will work on Windows 10. Will somebody please tell me I'm wrong about this and give me a pointer where I can get a new IRDA that will work with Windows 10? I really love my Galileo Sol and have been logging all my dives since 2008 with SmartTrak. I really don't want to change.

Bruce Sawyer

Unfortunately, Microsoft has unexpectedly decided to drop support for Infrared in the Windows 10 Operating system. The Vendor that we purchase the IR778 Infrared device is reportedly working on a complete driver to make Win 10 compatible, however, we do not have a date on availability.

The lack of a solution is making me lose faith in Scubapro dive computers. The ability to download my dives is an important feature when I am shopping for a computer. If we are going to have this with every update of an OS (regardless of MS or Mac) and the developers cannot keep up then maybe it is time to switch to a company that can.

Do you expect ScubaPro to fix Windows 10 not supporting IR? Really?

Someone claimed very recently that there was a new version of Windows 10 that did support the IRDA stack. So I downloaded this new version on November 17, installed it, and tried once again. The result: "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)" Guys, blame Microsoft--not Scubapro.

Unfortunately, Microsoft has unexpectedly decided to drop support for Infrared in the Windows 10 Operating system. The Vendor that we purchase the IR778 Infrared device is reportedly working on a complete driver to make Win 10 compatible, however, we do not have a date on availability.

Any updates on this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom