Buceo Anilao or Aiyanar Beach & Dive Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was at Aiyanar last April, going back next April. Obviously, I liked it. Do you have specific questions or needs?

[h=1]tursiops[/h]Thanks for the reply. I was just looking for a comparison between the two resorts. I was told that Aiyanar was a little more upscale than Buceo Anilao and more $$.. I do not mind if the extra is worth it..

Joe

Tough to compare - it will be hard to fond someone that has been to both as they are both fairly new - particularly Buceo. I went to Aiyanar in 2014 and we really enjoyed the dive operation and the quality of the diving. One of the best set ups and camera rooms I have ever seen. The resort is beautifully landscaped - a real picture and the food was very good though not fantastic or with a lot of zing! But it was very good and noone was disappointed. Like all Anilao resort, there are a lot of steps and you get a bit of exercise. I actually wrote an article on Aiyanar and Anilao diving for Sportdiving magazine - this should give you a bit of a run down of what to expect. Visit this link and you shoul dbe able to download it. Anilao - Philippines - Aiyanar Resort July 2014 by Alan Wiggs By the way - if you do get there, be sure to do the Lake Taal volcano climb - it really was a brilliant trip and well worth the hike. Ask for 'Yob Red to be your guide.

I spent a week at Buceo last Jan. It's a new resort well run, good food, good guides, good value. I think it's less$ than Aiyanar. It also has all inclusive dive pricing so you don't have to worry about being the only person on the boat and having to pay for the whole boat yourself. The dive pricing in Anilao at most resorts means you pay for the boat, guide, and diving separately which can add up quick if the is only a few in your group or at the resort.

Nice article Wiggsy

I have a trip report on Buceo here http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/philippine-paradise-divers/500179-anilao-trip-report.html

Last edited:
Wiggsy and dirtfarmer

Thanks for the great report and article. Now I completely confused on which place. Both sound great.. I like the idea of all the diving included.

When we were at Crystal Blue a year ago I was the only diver at the resort. I had my own guide. IS that possible at either one of these resorts.

Joe

Yes - but as far as I know, at Aiyanar yo will pay more unless there are other divers to share the boat. We didn't have that problem as I took a whole group of around 40 that filled the resort. As is typical at most Anilao resorts, they divide the boat costs up amongst however many are diving. So most resorts are more expensive if there are only one or two on the boat. This may be where Buceo has the edge. But to further make your decision difficult, Aiyanar dives Verde Island (on request - we did it). They charge a little more but it is definitely worth it if you are AOW or beyond (there can be monster currents). But it is seriously lovely diving. Then again, Sombrero and Beatrice are also beautiful coral shots with lots of fish density and colour. Anilao is really something of a mystery to me - I can't understand why more westerners don't head there. I know it is fairly well know amongst USA photographers, but here in Australia, hardly anyone every goes to Anilao (which suits me fine!). Look into pricing - if Aiyanar is affordable then I recommend it - but also check on how they price dives. There has been a lot of discussion on Anilao's prcing structure on SB before - it is the only place I know where they levy charges at a sliding scale depending on how many are in the boat. And I don't really understand this when the boats belong to the resorts! WHatever. YOu will love it.
And Dirtfarmer - nice info. on Buceo..and I love the mimc nudibranch shot.

I have not been to either but have booked with Buceo in March 2016. I had both Aiyanar & Buceo in my shortlist and even on paper Buceo looked like a more comprehensive package at a slightly lower cost. But what really made me favour Buceo was that they were (and have been since my booking) very prompt and clear in their responses to E-mailed queries, answering specific questions with specific answers. I did not even get a response to 2 e-mails to Aiyanar and so dropped them.

both resorts are lovely and offer an excellent level of service but just for info Aiyanar do offer packages so you know what you pay for up front. Not sure if this deal is still available but here's their DEMA special ....
12112390_10153247755561239_7935155330208280819_n.jpg
Marco is usually very prompt in his communication so i'm surprised no one got back to you Hintermann

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom