What to bring to God's Pocket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slingshot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A buddy of mine and I will be diving at God's Pocket this summer (arriving July 31, 2016) and I was wondering whether any who have been could give me tips as to whether there was anything in particular I should pack besides the usual stuff for a drysuit diving trip. Thanks!

Double lp 72s are perfect for the resort because they carry enough gas for any of the dives and due to their low pressure are easily refilled on board. It is much easier for lp tanks to be topped off than hp.

binculars for surface critter watching and a telephoto lens for surface pictures.

warm clothes

Snacks and drinks for your room. Although the website states there are snacks available any time that is not the case. Other than that it is wonderful. We'll be back there again in August.

It's probably too difficult to fly my own Steel 100 up there with me, though I'd love to take it. Is there enough land based activity to make it worth bringing a daypack and hiking gear? Will I need towels, or a drysuit hanger? Shampoo? Should I bring a full set of spares or are there some things available there to patch up a suit or tune a reg?

There are lots of towels and hangers, even a dry room to hang suits. Bring shampoo and anything else as you would for a hotel stay. I brought a save-a-dive kit but didn't need it. There is hiking available but nobody in our group took time off from diving.

PM me for my telephone number if you'd like to chat. I stayed recently and live in BC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't have user replaceable wrist/neck seals, you might want to try to borrow someone's suit and bring it along as a backup. It would be a shame to go all that way, and have your diving wrecked with a torn seal.

Thanks vancouverdiver, I've got a backup set of neck and wrist seals and glue in my spares kit. I'd lose a day, but hopefully be able to salvage the trip.

I just use their tanks....the hikes there are nice, if clear day go to top of hill and you can have quite the view. I find the food provided adequate (love the food) but you need to BYOB!!

If you are taking pictures or video and want to share with others while there, take a cable to interface your devices with the HDMI inputs on their TV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom