Please help! Newbie here I need a experienced diver asap !$$

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I sunk my jetski a while back and it was found the guy did not want to give it back, so the sheriff got involved ... he got scared and hucked my ski back in the water.. The sheriff went with the guy who stole my ski and he lead them to where he said he dropped it.. So the sheriff used there side scanning sonar and gave me coordinates where something came up on there sonar. now I need to have a diver go down and see if it's my ski.. The depth is 30 feet and it's in about a 200 foot wide fresh water channel in Stockton California delta.. If anyone can help me it would be gratefully appreciated.. Of course I will provide a boat and compensation for the diver $please let me know if anyone is interested thank you!
Here's my cell #925-752-5366

* This might be better moved to the appropriate regional forum, rather than Underwater Hunting.

What occurred would be covered, I am sure, by salvage law. If someone recovered your property from the water, it remains your property for return, but the recovering party might charge you a reasonable salvage fee for the work they did to recover it.

I don't know the legality of throwing that property back into the water - but there may be a legal issue you can raise, if you can prove they did that.

As for recovery - 30 feet isn't particularly deep, but the recovering diver would be aided by knowing the dry weight of the jetski (and the water displacement, if known). I am sure someone here can help you with that job.

Maybe contact an instructor to see if they wish to run it as a Search and Recovery project with students.... :)

thanks for the info dry weight is 250lbs and its on a sandy bottom. as for the legality of it. thats covered,the sheriff has taken care of that part. I just need someone to make the dive down to confirm its my jetski.
thanks again!

do you want it back after being sunk for a period of time would it be repairable. Also what does your insurance company say about it even your home owners policy may cover the sinking in which case they would be responsible for he recovery. BTW how do you sink a jet ski?

a recovery would be very easy as I am sure all you would need is to put a line on it and pull it up. with that may be just take a boat with a decent fish finder and then a hook and drag for it. Hook it and pull

Dolphin Scuba and Scuba World are both in Sacramento. I'd call them and see if they can help or direct you to someone.
Good luck.
Melissa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom